Ever hear of anything like this?

tortaboy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've got an XLbge in my backyard, but would I would like a rotisserie also. I really don't want a full size weber kettle to convert. I am looking for a Mini rotisserie that could cook maybe just two whole chickens.

Think Ronco sized, but for the outside using charcoal instead of electric.

Ever seen a commercial product like this?

probably the weber setup would be the easiest and possibly the cheapest.
i got pics and such and will check them out. saw one guy put a rotiss on his egg.

I expect these would go through the shell of your egg no problem. :thumb:

151250410-CaseOf5-02.jpg

My old Kamado had a Rotessorie setup. Here are a couple pictures for ideas for you. Seems like a good setup with a notch cut out of the ceramic base and a piece of metal formed into the slot cut outs.

Front of cooker

Picture075-1.jpg

Rear between hinges

Picture136.jpg

Only issue that I have not addressed yet is how to mount a bracket for the motor.

I've got an XLbge in my backyard, but would I would like a rotisserie also. I really don't want a full size weber kettle to convert. I am looking for a Mini rotisserie that could cook maybe just two whole chickens.

Think Ronco sized, but for the outside using charcoal instead of electric.

Ever seen a commercial product like this?

get 3 brackets something lilke these and bolt 2 of them together make an H shaped bracket, that you can slip on the edge of your egg..

ea844ff8-eefc-48c5-bae4-82820a704546_300.jpg

Drill 1 or more holes and file a u shaped hole in the top of the H -shaped one big enough to rest the handle end of your rotisserie rod..
attach the motor mount to the outside of the other U shaped bracket and slip that one down over the opposite side of your egg..
0006019760120_180X180.jpg

that way you do not have to modify your egg and after you use the rotisserie you just remove the brackets until next time..

get 3 brackets something lilke these and bolt 2 of them together make an H shaped bracket, that you can slip on the edge of your egg..

ea844ff8-eefc-48c5-bae4-82820a704546_300.jpg

Drill 1 or more holes and file a u shaped hole in the top of the H -shaped one big enough to rest the handle end of your rotisserie rod..
attach the motor mount to the outside of the other U shaped bracket and slip that one down over the opposite side of your egg..
0006019760120_180X180.jpg

that way you do not have to modify your egg and after you use the rotisserie you just remove the brackets until next time..

something like this..

Attachments

• rot brackets.jpg
    rot brackets.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 149
Good idea. I think I'm going to try this.

I'm curious how this works out for you. I like the idea, but it would still need some altering, I think. I would like the meat in the rotisserie to see some direct heat.
Keep us posted!

Back