• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

State Center Contest

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Any brothers going to be at State Center this weekend? BBQ Council will be there. Stop in and say hi and have beer.

We will be there! This is our first comp ever and we are both excited and scared chitless, but like my wife says, what is the worst that can happen we don't walk? I keep tellinng her I have been dreaming that we took GC. Usually get's an eye roll from her

State Center was my very first KCBS contest at 5 years ago. I remember feeling the same way. The trains kept me awake most the night. I think I might of got about 45 minutes of sleep. I think I got jsut a couple of calls but won a new WSM for the best new cooker. I think there were 5 of us at the time.
If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks Ray, we will be sure to look you up! We are doing State Center due to meeting the guys from Racoon Flats last year at several contests we judged. They are very nice guys and they told us this was a great contest. We are looking forward to it though.

Good luck Tom you guy's will do fine, ScottD wanted me to come up and help him but it won't work out with the kids ball games.

Thanks Scott, you will be missed it would have been awesome to have you there. But we are doing West Point so hopefully we will see you there.
Keep Sept 28th & 29th open and come do River City Round Up Char and I are coordinating and are looking for teams. Hopefully get a good show of Brethren to compete.

Thanks Scott, you will be missed it would have been awesome to have you there. But we are doing West Point so hopefully we will see you there.
Keep Sept 28th & 29th open and come do River City Round Up Char and I are coordinating and are looking for teams. Hopefully get a good show of Brethren to compete.

I was going thru the KCBS calender last night and seen that I will get ahold of you I would like to cook that one.

Thanks Scott

Good luck Tom you guy's will do fine, ScottD wanted me to come up and help him but it won't work out with the kids ball games.

What's the deal your letting me down. Ahh man I am on my own. I am going to be so focused. this will be an Iron BBQ comp!!! as now I am truly on my own my team mate is working this weekend and can not get away. So Scotty D is Solo at state center.

it is going to be so fun. stop by for drinks. food, and made up stories.

Scotty D

Great luck Tom!

Those "dreams" are what keep most of us going in this game :oops:

Have a great time!

TIM

Back