Bacon Wrapped Beer Battered Pickles

Thanks friends! :becky:

Heck Greg that will be tasty! What kind of pickles did you make?

They are good with beer, but I skipped it this time. :becky:
I didn't season the flour, just dredged and dipped into the beer batter. I did season them after frying. Just some salt. Tony C's would be great!
Hope you take pics of your pickle....and I mean that in a nice way. lol :oops:

I made 'em out if small cucumbers using the recipe in the Ruhlman Charcuterie book. As much as I'd love to take pix of my pickle, I'm afraid of being shown up by Ronelle. :oops:

But I probably will anyway. :thumb:

those look good cowgirl, and I don't think it a weird combo. Its something like a bacon burger minus the cow.

Those look fantastic. Gonna have to give that a try soon. Wondering if rendering the bacon a little first in a pan or microwave then blotting with a paper towel first might crisp up the bacon. Thanks for the post.

Very nice Jeanie I have done themon the grill Never fried Love Pickles
BTW Hope that was not Rons Pickle :mrgreen:

Thanks friends!

fried pickles are pretty big up here in the northern tier

I like the bacon addition

thanks
Glad to hear they are popular in the north too!! I wasn't sure how wide spread fried dill pickles were. Thanks! :grin:

Those look fantastic. Gonna have to give that a try soon. Wondering if rendering the bacon a little first in a pan or microwave then blotting with a paper towel first might crisp up the bacon. Thanks for the post.

Westy that would be a great idea! I'm going to try that next time. The last batch I made before these were nice and crisp, it must have been a different size of bacon. Thanks!! :thumb:

Very nice Jeanie I have done themon the grill Never fried Love Pickles
BTW Hope that was not Rons Pickle :mrgreen:

George thanks! I've not tried them on the grill, sounds tasty! :becky:

Chicago... I'll get them in the mail! :mrgreen:

Thanks again everyone!

I love fried pickles! Add bacon...omg mouth watering! I normally dip my fried pickles in ranch dressing. Yum!

Oh that looks so good it really has to be bad for you. I might just do that today! Thanks.

Mt. Olive makes a dill that is flavored with hot sauce. I'm betting that would be a nice addition!

Thank you Jason and Matt! :grin:

I love fried pickles! Add bacon...omg mouth watering! I normally dip my fried pickles in ranch dressing. Yum!

That sounds really good too, I'll give it a go. Thanks!!

Oh that looks so good it really has to be bad for you. I might just do that today! Thanks.

Thank you Marty! I like Westy's idea of precooking the bacon a bit, maybe it will be crispier. I think proscuitto would be tasty too. Hope they turn out well for ya. :grin:

Mt. Olive makes a dill that is flavored with hot sauce. I'm betting that would be a nice addition!

Prospector, that sounds great! I need to make another batch and try it out. Thanks!:thumb:

Back