Thread: WSM Extender
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 04:37 AM   #12
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Eric-

I was cooking a one day "lite cook" comp earlier this year and a VP of Marketing for Weber came by to drop off some goodies to all the teams, and was shocked to see the collection of modded Weber's from myself and Family Man BBQ. Chris had a couple of his Smoker Joe Tamale pot mods, I had one of my Drum Smokers painted Red with a matching Weber lid, the Cajun Bandit Weber kettle conversion, and a 22" WSM with the Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Ring. We gave him an earful of some of the shortcomings of some of their products, and how these aftermarket products and Mods enhanced the cookers. He was genuinely impressed with what we had, but admitted that he was unaware of any of the products we had or others I hipped him to. I was really surprised to hear that! He took pics of our equipment with his I-phone and laughed "wait until the Attorney's see this!" Gas grills are their focus.

The doors of the new WSM's are designed to act as a coal chute. I'm with Sled-no need for water or adding fuel during a cook. Not interested in a chute or water can.

If you are into rotisserie cooking (which I am) the Cajun Bandit ring is the way to go!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote