Show of hands.

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I would like to see a show of hands to see how many of you are making your own sausage I have been elsewhere and seen some familiar names. Some of you only do it a little and some apparently a lot. Don't be shy and be sure to include any relevant photos/info, if you care to.

I personally am still in the process of getting the equipment set up, made a base for my #32 motorized manual grinder yesterday but still need some tweaking before its ready to roll.

Now I am in the process of thinking about my first time sausage making experience which will most likely be Italian sausage, photos will be available soon I hope.
Dave

I do make my own sausage, not on a regular basis but every few months or so. Most recently made Polish sausage. It's a rewarding hobby!

uUually couple times a year. Catch some butts on sale thru the year and freeze them. Made andouille, and breakfast sausage. Make summer sausage around christmas along with smoked cheese to give as gifts.

I make it a couple times a year, mostly venison sausage, venison baloney, venison breakfast sausage, venison hot sticks.... get the theme :rolleyes:

I got a cheap sausage/pasta maker that works great! However, I do not own a grinder, so I have to buy the ground sausage at the grocery store.
Pork gut casings work the best.

7.gif
Me too. :wink:

I make breakfast sausage usually 20 or so pounds at a time. I have made B links and brauts as well. Frankly I am not a big fan of trying to stuff those little casings for breakfast sausage, the brauts werent too bad. Wish I had some of those on the road with me now. Making your own is a lot of fun and there are plenty of recipes out there, tfind one you like and tweak it from there. The brauts I made were beer brauts with about 5 pounds being turned in to Jack Daniels brauts. Now those were good!!

Yes, I do enjoy making my own sausage...

IMG_2406.jpg

my family does not embrace it as much as me! :p

So many different recipes, so little time...

005.jpg

I don't make it all the time, but I do make some every 2 or 3 months. Italian, breakfast, hot links and polish,I would like to more often just don't have the time.

I make sausage several times a year. So far have only experimented with fresh sausages, italian, brats etc... Looking to getting into the cured varities.

Count me in :-D. What else would you use the trimmings from spares for? I make my own about every 2 or 3 months. Breakfast, country, Italian so far, still have to try a bunch of others.

I Do, homemade country sausage makes the best fatty's on earth, made some decent brats for my 1st attempt, got the kitchenaide grinder and stuffer attachments, don't like the stuffer, so gotta get a new one before trying brats again

sausage2010-1000.jpg

Man don't know how I missed so many great post about sausage in the past, guess I just wasn't into it until recently. Hope to see more photos, recipes and advice soon, thanks.
Dave

Back