Favorite rubs

SmokinM

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Looking to get some rubs from big pappas and wanted to know which are the more popular ones for smoking chicken and pork. Thanks

Simply Marvelous. ANY of em.

I like em all, but especially the Cherry, Sweet & Spicy, Sweet Seduction and Spicy Apple.

Simply Marvy

Plowboys Yardbird

get some Blues Hog sauce while you are on the site, and get your order up to $40 and get free shipping

;)

Plowboys Yardbird is my #1 favorite.

You can't go wrong with any Simply Marvelous or The Rub Co. The Rub Co has a Santa Maria that's the bomb on steaks

I just ordered the sampler pack of the SM.

I also ordered the Smokin' Guns Sweet Heat and it was great on pulled pork with a little Blues Hog sauce mixture of red and smokey mountain.

I haven't tried it yet, but, if you are buying from Big Poppas, you might was well try his rubs as well. Folks whose taste buds I trust really seem to like his rubs.

Love the Plowboys Yardbird, amazingly versatile rub. While I was buying a 5lb bag of that from Big Poppa I ordered a 14oz jar of their Money rub because my wife likes a sweeter flavor profile. I made some SLC spares last weekend with Money and they were really tasty. I think it would be too sweet for pulled pork for my palette but on ribs I really liked it, and the Mrs loved it so that was a winner.

Love the Plowboys Yardbird, amazingly versatile rub. While I was buying a 5lb bag of that from Big Poppa I ordered a 14oz jar of their Money rub because my wife likes a sweeter flavor profile. I made some SLC spares last weekend with Money and they were really tasty. I think it would be too sweet for pulled pork for my palette but on ribs I really liked it, and the Mrs loved it so that was a winner.

Money is real good on brisket and also tri tip

I have never tried it on chicken or pork

Back