Celebration Cook For Our New Baby!

MisterChrister

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just sitting in the hospital holding my sleeping beautiful newborn son, Judah James. He's 7# 8oz., 21" long and totally healthy and wonderful! When mom and baby come home, I'm gonna have to get everything for the welcome home meal done pretty quickly. Think I'll do reverse seared ribeyes and porterhouses, cedar plank salmon, grilled halibut, chicken wings for the bird, and some veggie skewers with baby bellas, onion, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini. Anyone have an easy yet unique potato on the grill idea? Man I'm glad there's a herd of kettles in the corral! Sure gonna need 'em all on this one!

Oops, mod can you please correct "celebration" spelling in thread title! Damn phone keyboards and sleep deprivation! Thanks!

Edit: disregard, I found the advanced option!

First off...CONGRATS!!!! Make sure you start him off early and get him smokin' ASAP! (not that kind of course :doh:)

Second, try a foil pack. Not too unique but still awesome. Just take a potato and cube it and then with some carrots, green beans, steak chunks, or whatever other veggie or meat you want, throw it all in a piece of foil with a half a stick of butter and let it steam the veggies over the grill. If you added steak chunks just make sure those are done to your liking before taking em off.

Not too unique but always a pleaser. Again, Congrats on the bouncing baby boy!

congrats to the wife !! you did the easy part.
in hawaii the big party is on the 1st birthday.
had a big blowout for my son on the first bday.

Congrats to you and MrsChrister on your newest addition! I knew she was close, but the text caught me by surprise.

I'm happy to hear both mom and son are doing well.

Put on your new hat when you fire up those Webers. It'll make you a better cook!
(sorry, don't have any newborn sized hats)

Edit: OH! You wanted potato ideas. There's Hasselbacks. Or like FBM5 said, potatoes and assorted other ingredients (onion, peppers) in are always good.

Just sitting in the hospital holding my sleeping beautiful newborn son, Judah James. He's 7# 8oz., 21" long and totally healthy and wonderful! When mom and baby come home, I'm gonna have to get everything for the welcome home meal done pretty quickly. Think I'll do reverse seared ribeyes and porterhouses, cedar plank salmon, grilled halibut, chicken wings for the bird, and some veggie skewers with baby bellas, onion, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini. Anyone have an easy yet unique potato on the grill idea? Man I'm glad there's a herd of kettles in the corral! Sure gonna need 'em all on this one!

Add my congrats to the list!

(But I don't think Judah James will be ready quite yet to have steak when he gets home!) :becky:

Congratulations on the new addition! Glad Mom and Baby are doing well!

Try fire roasting some red potatoes cut up, coated in EVOO, with some S&P and rosemary. Me likey!

Back