• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rare Cuts (Fancy Butcher Shops)

F

Fletch711

My friend brought some Elk over from a place here in New Orleans called Rare Cuts. It sounds pricey to me. Are these specialty shops popping up everywhere....surely I can't live in that yuppie a neighborhood. It's New Orleans.

Yep. I like the fact that more variety is popping up and the fact that it isn't a big company owning them makes me like them even more.

While Rare Cuts is pricey, it has really nice wet and dry aged beef. I received a gift card and went in last week. The owners are real nice guys and are happy to show you around the place and discuss everything they're doing.

I like Rare Cuts. I wish they still had their Mandeville spot. I got Niman Ranch spares from them awhile back for a couple of comps. Great quality but one pack was unusable for comps because of shiners. That was N.R.'s fault though not Rare Cuts.

They have been happening here quite a bit, the funny thing is, the forefront of the movement is occupied by some guys who just never gave up their family shops.

Fletch, head on over to Emmett's Fine Meats on Jefferson Hwy. He has some beautiful meats and homemade sausages there. Tell him Nathan sent you.

http://emmettsmeats.com/

I got these beauties there.
PorterhouseSteak015.jpg

And made this with them.
PorterhouseSteak024.jpg

Those are some real beauties for sure!:hungry:

I haven't heard of one here, but I wouldn't mind having one nearby for every once in a while.

Back