• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The munchies got the best of me! St Patty's Day Pizza

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The renovated Big Poppa hasn't seen use since last Summer time and i got the munchies!

I was at the Irish Italian pub doing my annual thing and they have the best pizza on the planet imo. Leaving O'Sullivan's today i picked up a full pie and sprinkled a little corned beef on it (just because).

Just fired up the newly powder coated black bullet Big Poppa with a little left over lump....got her lit up with the torch and throwing the pie on around 350-400* No need for any kind of a stone just right on the cooking grate and all the direct heat will cook the crust up nicely.

Took the little torch and lit the whole basket up

I didn't want to screw up a master piece of a pizza but sprinkled a little corned beef on it. This is the biggest pizza i've ever had...the thing takes up almost the entire 22.5" cooking grate. Good thing I'm hungry!!!

Great looking drum, Keith.

These drums make awesome pies.

I bet that's gonna be good.

I bounce around a lot to each of my cookers, can't decide which I like the best. Kinda like my kids, each one has it's own traits that make them what they are.

Here we go!

If you haven't done it straight on the UDS grate then you're missing out trust me.

This is almost to crispy (if there is such a thing) ;)

I bet that's gonna be good.

I bounce around a lot to each of my cookers, can't decide which I like the best. Kinda like my kids, each one has it's own traits that make them what they are.
Yep exactly they all have traits that make them unique.

On this cook i sure couldn't have used the mini and the 18.5" Jimmy would have been too small too. It's so nice having a arsenal of different sizes for what's needed.

Looks good!

I suggest an extra lid reserved for cooking pizza with a large pizza stone bolted to it, that way you get constant hotness from above as well :) I wanna do that some time whenver I build my 55 gallon drum. That or build a cob oven out back.

Yummy! I've never tried direct heat on my pies. I think the heat source on my BGE's might be too close, and the crust will burn before the rest of the pie is done.

Yummy! I've never tried direct heat on my pies. I think the heat source on my BGE's might be too close, and the crust will burn before the rest of the pie is done.
Yea the BGE it would be to close but you can get away with it in a drum.

Looks delish! Nice pit too!
Thanks Charred...I missed using the BigPoppa and glad i did the powder coating.

Looks good!

I suggest an extra lid reserved for cooking pizza with a large pizza stone bolted to it, that way you get constant hotness from above as well :) I wanna do that some time whenver I build my 55 gallon drum. That or build a cob oven out back.
Haven't had a problem with the top not cooking with pizzas in the drum but thats a interesting concept! I suppose if you wanted some of the cheese caramelized you could take torch over it or blast it with a big torch for about 5 seconds.....lol that would do it!

Back