• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Trailer in the works

Oh BOY the ball game just changed up on me!! A different inspector from the Health Dept. called me back today........She just changed everything on me!! She is now telling me that I cannot build my own smoker!! She says that welded joints are NOT allowed..?..?.. she says that the smoker needs to be stainless....she has really CONFUSED me now!!! I thought I had the details figured out with the Health Dept then came a different inspector.... UUUUMMMM So I asked her about a Lang60 or a Lang84 and she said I need to submit a detailed spec sheet from the manufacturer with all material grades and info to see if it will be ok.....I'm gonna go totally bald by the end of this!!!!!GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing....we are totally legit, but they almost beg people not to do business. What county are you in?

I am in the beginning stages of building a BBQ Concession/Catering trailer. I am building one styled after the Southern Yankee BBQ Shack trailers. The trailer I have is a 14' long (I may extend it a bit and move the axles not too sure yet) The split up I'm thinking is 5' for the smoker open area and 9' for the enclosed kitchen area. I'm planning to build my own smoker/cooker but not sure what size to go with. I'm leaning toward using a 120 gallon compressor tank (74"L and 29"D) with an offset firebox reverse flow design. Do you guys think the 120 gallon tank will be too small?? That 2146 sq cooking area on 1 shelf and slightly less on the upper shelf so with 2 cook shelves in it thats around 4000 sq cooking area. (top shelf removable so I can still roast a pig as well.) Looking at doing a few local Festivals and also Catering.

Check your inbox

Driving from Minneapolis to Houston this weekend...and back.
The old man and I are picking up our Pitmaker Vault Trailer.

Reviews will be posted in another new thread.

Back