• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Android App Just Released

When is it available for Kindle Fire's bastardized Android apps?

I haven't even looked what is involved in putting something on the Amazon app store. I dont have a Kindle so not sure if it will work, but I can send you the .APK file direct if you want to try installing it manually. Shoot me a PM of interested.

Will it allow you to go back in and make changes once the cook has started? I started a cook earlier kind of just a practice run with the ribs set on 3-2-1. After reading on here that I could change the alerts I wanna go back in and set the alerts for the cook that is in process, but can't get in there.

The device will/should still track temps and execute notifications even if your device is asleep. We have tested this a bunch of different ways and has worked fine for us. Let us know if you are seeing differently and it is not notifying properly. We use the same notification engine that google uses for their apps so hoping they accounted for all of the gotchas.

Understood, but when you are n the middle of working on getting your boxes ready it would be nice to just look up and see what is going on. Though, I suppose the work around would be to just manually change the device settings so it doesn't go to sleep and then change it back after I am finished.

Landscape will come later if the demand is there. Requires a bit of effort to make it look as nice in landscape so left that out for now.

Think tablet - which will be my preferred device to use this app on.

Brian

Installed! Thanks!

Ideas (I'm a software engineer, so I can't help myself :grin:):

• Add the ability to manually enter cooker and food temps
    and graph them. You've already got the temp storage
    and graphing code baked in, so it seems like a natural.
  • Add the ability to e-mail a cook report with all the details.
Thanks again,
John

Just got my first android this week, and haven't even had a chance to download anything. This app will be my first. Headed to Facebook now to like your page. Thanks! :thumb:

Installed! Thanks!

Ideas (I'm a software engineer, so I can't help myself :grin:):

• Add the ability to manually enter cooker and food temps
    and graph them. You've already got the temp storage
    and graphing code baked in, so it seems like a natural.
  • Add the ability to e-mail a cook report with all the details.
Thanks again,
John

I like both of them a lot. On the list. Much appreciated!

Would love to use it on my Nexus 7 but will just use it on my RAZR for now. Good job

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Having some issues with download compatibility. Sending you a PM, Moontz. :sad:

Having some issues with download compatibility. Sending you a PM, Moontz. :sad:

Me too. I'm using a cruddy Samsung Repp with 2.3.5 OS. Am I just outta luck until I can afford to upgrade my phone? The app looks KILLER though from what I can see!!!

Me too. I'm using a cruddy Samsung Repp with 2.3.5 OS. Am I just outta luck until I can afford to upgrade my phone? The app looks KILLER though from what I can see!!!

I really wanted to try this, too. What's worse for me is that I haven't even had this danged phone for a week. (my first smart phone) Love the phone, and the teeny tiny monthly fee, so I think I'm just gonna be SOL. :Cry:

Back