• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What's good at Trader Joe's?

Some things we always buy when we stop in:
Garlic naan
Orange chicken (frozen food section)
Whole coffee beans
Fried rice (frozen food section)
Pizza dough
Dried fruits (apricots are our favorite)
Edamame hummus (refrigerated section)
Depending on season we've really liked the heirloom tomatoes and stalks of Brussels sprouts too.

Ohh yea! Coffee

We buy all our whole bean coffee here. At 4.99/lb it's tough to beat

Sounds like some things will definitely be good to try. I've wanted to try rancher for years at the recommendation of the brethren. Thanks Brethren!

Oh, in the forzen meat section, the fish is not bad, but, sometimes they have 'Kobe' beef burgers, maybe they label it Wagyu now, from Snake River Farms. They are great.

Where to start. Mine never has had charcoal or lump.
The jalapeno stuffed olives are a great buy, way cheaper then anywhere else.
As said three buck chuck is a bargain, doesnt taste like a 3 dollar wine either.
The fresh breads are tastybut not a bargain,, find out what day they get thier deliveries.
If you want to splurge try the New York style cheesecake in the frozen section, or any of the frozen desserts.

Up here, they often have Niman Ranch Pork Chops and occasionally, some great steaks. Oh, and any type of food you would want when you are higher than a kite.

And never go there just plain hungry either ... you'll end up spending a fortune, believe me.

They discontinuedthe Rancher brix for the season - used to be the best price quality brix in town. Wifey and I are addicted to dark chocolate covered stars - cookies OMG :-D

Thanks for starting this thread. :roll: :razz: They've opened in Dallas too and I've been meaning to go buy their pizza dough. But now after reading this thread, it looks like they are going to get a lot of my dough.
:jaw:

They have lump? I've only ever seen briquettes, now I've got a mission...

Isn't Trader Joe's brand EVOO like some of the best available in the U.S.? I can't remember if it was their brand or Costco's, but I remember both of them being ranked pretty high for quality.

We don't go to TJ very often but when we do, we buy the pizza dough (uncooked in a bag), the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches, and their version of Oreo's. Their Hummus is actually pretty good too.

I'm quite the beer snob and I've only had a few different beers, and they were all "okay."

Oh yea. I throw the bag in the freezer all the time. Takes a few hours in warm water or a day in the refrigerator to defrost.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Back