• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pretty Good BBQ 2013 Dayton, Ohio

Curt I have a 40 cup coffee pot and plenty of coffee,creamer and sugar for sat and Sunday. For the cooks and help. If you could come up with a coffee cambro that would be all we need.

Still have a 100 cup urn available for the coffee...

I'm still planning on being there. Get there saturday and serve sunday just like before right?

If anyone is curious... come out and check us out. Can't believe its my fourth trip out to Dayton... always enjoyed filling the pit cooking for a worthy cause. Starting to compile and check the necessary equipment and supplies.

Think of it as a clean Brethren Bash... we are always up for a good cause.

Bandit we have had a good run so far.......starting to get things in order.....new tires for the Lang go on next week. Hoping here real soon everyone coming to put on here......

Curt what was your thinking of a new set up for area....just asking so know what to bring...

Curt, I am hoping to be there. Work is starting to really pick up and some weekend time may be coming. Will let you know for sure when it gets closer. I hope I can because I had a great time last year.

So fellas,
I'm planning on coming after a short hiatus and may bring all of the boys if it works out. (Depends of there are snow days to be made up and if the SoDT is coming. We may try to get there early so we can hit the USAF museum.)
Do ya need me to bring some real cookers, or will you have enough Langs to cover it?
If nothing else, I'll bring a couple of tables, canopy, flood light and/or lanterns, and the heart of a servant.

Clark if you are packing the kids I would have to say we will have the cooking space taken care of....

I'd agree with Roger, Clark... Just get here!

We're scaling back on quantity a bit, but not a lot. We're shooting for 400 pounds this year, which should yield about 750 or so sandwiches.

Also, if you can't make it, or even if you can, and you'd like to donate money to make it happen, we will not turn it down. :) We aren't in danger of canceling, but budgets at all churches are tight right now.

And, Roger, we're not going to all pile into the corner this year, with the trucks blocking everything; we're going to use the room a bit more, so, again, please wait to set up until someone from the church is helping.

I'm hoping to be able to make the trip. I may have my 5th wheel out of storage by then and if so, I can bring down both of my Langs. That is assuming there is a place for me....

I've missed the last two years so it'll be good to be back down there again. :blah::blah::blah:

I'm hoping to be able to make the trip. I may have my 5th wheel out of storage by then and if so, I can bring down both of my Langs. That is assuming there is a place for me....

I've missed the last two years so it'll be good to be back down there again. :blah::blah::blah:

Wait a sec... you got another Lang? Not even listed under your signature?

Do tell!

Wait a sec... you got another Lang? Not even listed under your signature?

Do tell!

When Ramona and I were down at the Jack (just visiting) we found a black stainless 48. Ramona named her 'The Little Princess'.... We are going to use her for our chicken this year.

Don't worry, I still have the Mistress.

[Copied from the PGBBQ planning facebook page]

A few years ago... we had (4) Langs and a few WSMs to tackle 1,000 lbs of pork.

This year is less than half that amount... it may sound like we need to address an apparent truth that's developing... of having too many pits for the amount of pork. One Lang 84 can hold 300 lbs of butts by itself. With 400 lbs [projected] - 2 Langs will be more than enough.

We need to establish a count of available pits at this time... there's at least (2) Lang 84, and NRA4Life's pits arriving. With another 2 Langs possibly coming - I might be pulling the pit for no reason.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Do we want to supplement the amount of meat?

Back