• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Friday competitions

rxcellentq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I got my application for 2013 Que for the Troops in the mail today. I was suprised to see two categories on Friday and the KCBS event Saturday. Does anybody know if this is only that event or are a lot of competetions going to this format?

A lot of the comps around here (Oklahoma, Kansas etc.) will have ancillaries like anything but, dessert etc on Friday with only KCBS on Sat... Sometimes Sauce and Beans will be on Sat as well...

Colorado is following this format...

The competittion is about the four main categories...

Competitors don't like having complications on game day...

Judges don't like packing in the ancillary categories and their judging scores are not inline...

A lot of the competitions in the mid-Atlantic and elsewhere have extra categories on Friday evening. These are generally for fun, may have cash and trophies involved and give the teams something to do on Friday. They DO NOT count towards the KCBS event overall standings for GC. They are OPTIONAL.

It's pretty standard in New England, a lot of contests have NEBS grilling events the day before the BBQ turn ins.

I have seen NEBS and KCBS the same weekend a lot. I am used to Fri or early sat setup with grilling on Sat and KCBS due Sunday. Just worried about ability to leave work 6pm Friday get to a comp, set up and start big meats for Sat. Grilling would be out of the question.

Back