Bacon Wrapped Brisket.....

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
How would you do it? Cook til almost done , slice thick slices, wrap with the Bacon and back on till Tendar? :-?

Pull the brisket before it is probe tender, wrap in bacon, and boil til it probes tender.

Hey now, I NEVER Boil Bacon...!! (Unless its still on the Hog) :shock:

Not even after cooking it before adding it to a boiling pot of borracho beans???

What's your goal? Slices wrapped in bacon? Chunks wrapped in bacon? I would under cook the brisket and let it finish as the bacon cooks.

What's your goal? Slices wrapped in bacon? Chunks wrapped in bacon? I would under cook the brisket and let it finish as the bacon cooks.

Both sound GOOD - I've never tried it but I'm thinking I'm gonna try it soon ......Bacon Wrapped Slices on a nice soft roll.....Mmmmmmmm.......

Wouldn't just be easier to add some bacon to a Brisket samich and butter the roll with a little Bacon fat the heat of the brisket will mel the fat into the roll.

Wouldn't just be easier to add some bacon to a Brisket samich and butter the roll with a little Bacon fat the heat of the brisket will mel the fat into the roll.

Sure but I thinking finish the brisket in bacon would add to the Brisket Deliscousness? :wacko:

Won't the bread get soggy when you boil the sammich? :confused:

I dont think the bacon will add THAT much flavor to brisket, just a little. I would say, just do your brisket, then do up some bacon, add the bacon to brisket sandwich, tacos, etc.

just my two cents.

Bacon%20Wrapped%20Burnt%20End.jpg

I just happen to have had some brisket point wrapped in bacon. As it happens, this is from my photo shoot of them.

The point was cooked until done. Slice into appropriate sized hunks, rubbed and then wrapped with bacon, it takes a few slices, then more rub and back into the smoker until the bacon is done. These are quite good.

And while you guys are having fun, any of you who make and love burnt ends, look in the mirror. If you drown brisket point chunks in BBQ sauce and braise them until tender, you might just as well use a crock pot for that too. :cool:

Bacon%20Wrapped%20Burnt%20End.jpg

I just happen to have had some brisket point wrapped in bacon. As it happens, this is from my photo shoot of them.

The point was cooked until done. Slice into appropriate sized hunks, rubbed and then wrapped with bacon, it takes a few slices, then more rub and back into the smoker until the bacon is done. These are quite good.

You have my full attention. :hungry:

Back