A Quick Brisket

RNF

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I picked up a 12 lb. packer brisket last night at Wal-Mart to do on my Old Country Wrangler smoker today but I had already scheduled a fishing trip with a friend so I did my 2nd hot and fast brisket.

We fished from daylight till 11:00 am so it was noon before I was able to get the brisket on the smoker.

Here is the brisket trimmed and seasoned with my homemade seasoning of Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Smoked Paprika.

The smoker.

And finished brisket.

Kept the smoker temps between 275 & 300 the whole time, when the internal temps reach 165 I wrapped in butcher paper and finnaly pulled when internal temps reached 209 and it probed tender. This was at 5 1/2 hours after adding brisket to smoker.

Brisket was moist and tender but wouldn't have hurt to went another 30 minutes.

Tiny pics. .... Hard to see ...... I think it might look good .....

That's the way to git em done looks real good! I guess it's a good thing you packed a Brisket since you didn't catch any fish:p

I would say you accomplished a lot, great time fishing with the addition of a great looking brisket. good job!

Thanks for the accolades everyone.

daninnewjersey,

Yes the fish were biting, that was the problem I kept saying just one more cast.:wink:

Back