• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What's good at Trader Joe's?

Two Buck Chuck is actually Three Bucks here in NC as well. My newest fun find is the Tri-Tip "Roast". It runs $6.99 / lb. in Charlotte, which is a couple of dollars cheaper than anywhere else I can find it.

You can find a solid selection of wine at reasonable prices. My wife likes their prepared salads. We also load up on olive oil and GF stuff there. Take a look around and see what catches your eye.

I went to a TJ for the very first time about two weeks ago.
A couple notes;

- Their sea salt tortilla chips are awesome. Especially if you warm them in the oven first.
- I've never heard of two buck chuck, and don't recall seeing it.
- In fact, I don't even recall seeing a refrigerator case, or a freezer case.
- There are more types of snack foods dipped in chocolate than I've ever seen before.
- The spice and seasoning selection was the most diverse I've ever seen in one store. Prices seemed reasonable.

- I've never heard of two buck chuck, and don't recall seeing it.
- In fact, I don't even recall seeing a refrigerator case, or a freezer case.

Just to be clear , two buck chuck is not meat , it is wine ...so called because it is a product of charles shaw vineyards. TJ's buys all that they make and although I see that not everyone agrees , for 3dollars it's a pretty drinkable wine. At least I think the reds are ok.

We love this stuff :-D. It's great on chicken :icon_smile_tongue:

091-1.jpg

For $3, I think I'll have to get myself a bottle of red. That's too many positive reviews to pass up.
Thanks Hambone.

Just to be clear, I think of Two Buck Chuck the same way I think of Spaghettios or frozen pizza; it's laughable to compare them to better versions. But if you look at the price tag, then take a sip, you shrug and think, "Huh... I'd have guessed that was Seven Buck Chuck, at least!"

If three buck chuck tastes as good as six or seven dollar cheap wine, then I am going to have to check it out. My assumption was that it wasn't even that good.

If three buck chuck tastes as good as six or seven dollar cheap wine, then I am going to have to check it out. My assumption was that it wasn't even that good.

Everyone has differing opinions when it comes to ...well almost anything...but especially wine.

However when it comes to a drinkable red table wine, 2 buck (or 3) chuck is hard to beat in value.

Everyone has differing opinions when it comes to ...well almost anything...but especially wine.

However when it comes to a drinkable red table wine, 2 buck (or 3) chuck is hard to beat in value.

The wine reminds me of the hot dog and drink at Costco. I don't know how they do it but as long as they do it you have to take them up on it. As long as you aren't expecting a well aged Chardonnay or Cabernet, it is as good of a value in wine as there is.

Isn't Trader Joe's brand EVOO like some of the best available in the U.S.? I can't remember if it was their brand or Costco's, but I remember both of them being ranked pretty high for quality.

That oil is one of my favorites. It's a blend of olive oils, if we are talking about the same one. It had a different brand name and then it was later labeled as Trader Joe's.

That oil is one of my favorites. It's a blend of olive oils, if we are talking about the same one. It had a different brand name and then it was later labeled as Trader Joe's.

I think they do that rebranding a lot. I've heard rumor that their TJ-branded single malt highland scotch is actually rebottled Macallan, but I can't confirm that. They have similar taste, not that I've compared side-by-side, though.

Back