28 day dry aged Rib roast

M

Marauderrt10

Today is the day! Waited a LONG 28 days to make this.

Sliced the rind off

8506cbeff97ecb244b50f93f07d5785a_zps3cc54978.jpg

That marbling :madgrin:

aa4e88fe863e49442987d159414ccd2d_zpse58f98b9.jpg

418b6ede34e6e185359dc07bcdc8512f_zps02a4e781.jpg

Before trimming.

85d2c254ca31f9a227f0502abd6adf52_zps1e4b61aa.jpg

After trimming

93ccc102a490cbc60ad4b5945c014ed7_zpsdda760ca.jpg

Not much scraps. :clap2:

95fd6b6d30790484785f31f4deb1f799_zps97fef9d6.jpg

I will be cooking these babies tonight!!!

For 28 days it doesnt look like you had much shrinkage or rind. Longest ive done was 21 days and i had to cut a good 1/2" rind and shrinkage was significant.

Or that must have been one huge rib roast when it started.

WOW, that is some beautiful looking rib steaks. Was that graded as Prime, sure looks like it with that beautiful marbling.

And what is the plan for the cook?

KC

For 28 days it doesnt look like you had much shrinkage or rind. Longest ive done was 21 days and i had to cut a good 1/2" rind and shrinkage was significant.

Or that must have been one huge rib roast when it started.

It might be the pictures making it look small.

It was a 9.5lb rib roast and the secret to keeping you from losing too much is in the salt :). It did shrink quite a bit. If you look at the start of my other thread you can see the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, that is some beautiful looking rib steaks. Was that graded as Prime, sure looks like it with that beautiful marbling.

And what is the plan for the cook?

KC

No it wasn't! It was labeled choice but I think the young guy cutting them didn't know what he was looking at. I only paid $7.99 a pound :becky:

Not sure probably throw it on my Weber

Those look incredible!

SOMEONE's gonna eat good tonight! :thumb:

It might be the pictures making it look small.

It was a 9.5lb rib roast and the secret to keeping you from losing too much is in the salt :). It did shrink quite a bit. If you look at the start of my other thread you can see the start.

No the opposite. I think it looks huge for being aged for 28 days. So what im saying is either that was one of the largest rib roasts in terms of girth that i ever heard of, or you managed to age that for a heck of a long time with barely any shrinkage and rind. When i age a rib roast it would look like yours in under 14 days.

No the opposite. I think it looks huge for being aged for 28 days. So what im saying is either that was one of the largest rib roasts in terms of girth that i ever heard of, or you managed to age that for a heck of a long time with barely any shrinkage and rind. When i age a rib roast it would look like yours in under 14 days.

Interesting. What was your humidity??

WOW!!! 28 days that's like a month(if it's February)!! They look great!! nice job:thumb:

Haha, I'm actually letting the steaks get to room temperature right now. Will keep you posted in an hour or so!

Oh my! And we are having meat loaf tonight...........:evil:

Those look really good!

Enjoy!

wallace

Back