Disc?

SLCMACK

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Was needing some suggestions on how to build a disc. I have the disc but need to know what a person would use to fill the hole in the middle(2in) and put handles on and what I would need to do like pretreating one? There was a thread on here of a person getting one about 3wks ago. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

i have several that i plan on fixing up. i plan to cut out some metal pieces for the hole and welding them in. than take a grinder to smooth out things, repeat if needed till all is smooth. then sand etc till its all smooth. as to handles you can weld in just about anything. loops of rebar, horse shoes to just plain metal rod. as to treating i would rub in some crisco and heat and repeat till it looks and feels "treated".

check your New Holland Dealer, they now have 22 inch disk plates without the hole, Take a piece of 1/2 inch rod and a couple spring handles and your all set to go

Descale with a 4 1/2 grinder and flap disk then season with bacon grease

check your New Holland Dealer, they now have 22 inch disk plates without the hole, Take a piece of 1/2 inch rod and a couple spring handles and your all set to go

I have access to used ones, some rust some Im sure when I take them to get welded on, it will definately need to be sandblasted right?? Wouldn't this be cheaper than buying new ones?? Also, did you treat yours like the first response, oil and bring heat up slow?? Thanks again for everyones input!!

I have access to used ones, some rust some Im sure when I take them to get welded on, it will definately need to be sandblasted right?? Wouldn't this be cheaper than buying new ones?? Also, did you treat yours like the first response, oil and bring heat up slow?? Thanks again for everyones input!!

Wire brushed will do for pre weld prep, I just coated mine with bacon grease, dropped a blob ( tech cooking term ) in the center of it and set it over the fire ( used my fire pit the first time )

BTW not directly in the fire, then kept sloshing ( another tech cooking term ) it around the disk while I sat back under a full moon watching the stars listening to coyotes and fondling a Seagrams

Got one, and it makes the best fajitas!

Mine didn't have a hole when I got it. I didn't want to every worry about a stress crack where it all is welded together... over the hot fire, and having the grease pour out.

I sanded, seasoned and cooked....

Good for what ever.

Use horseshoes as handles, some use bent rebar. I used some SS pipe.

I love it and we use it frequently, it sure can cook a lot in a hurry.

Oh, and bigger the better in my opinion

RMR

darn! i just called several New Holland dealers in Houston and they don't have it :mad2: - Cockedandlocked, do you happen to have a part number?

You can keep running beads around the hole and fill it up that way l,ot less grinding.

I did not make mine but as a suggestion, mine has 3 - 1/2" female pipe connectors on the bottom which are handy for adding legs, I have a set of 6" and 12" 1/2" pipe. Without the legs it fits right on the Weber. Season just like a cast iron pan.

Picture046.jpg

Last edited:
darn! i just called several New Holland dealers in Houston and they don't have it :mad2: - Cockedandlocked, do you happen to have a part number?

Just talked to my local New Holland dealer, these are not N/H parts. They are bought through a wholesaler, Becknell Wholesale, problem is Becknell only sells to retailers

Becknells Tele # is 214-388-2487 if youd care to see if there is a dist in your area. The part # is 03-P227. These are specially made just for this purpose

For handles cut the handles off of chipping hammer and weld on each side or bend some rebar and slip a spring over it and tack spring on rebar o r if you have some old trampoline springs use them over the rebar.

Just talked to my local New Holland dealer, these are not N/H parts. They are bought through a wholesaler, Becknell Wholesale, problem is Becknell only sells to retailers

Becknells Tele # is 214-388-2487 if youd care to see if there is a dist in your area. The part # is 03-P227. These are specially made just for this purpose

thank you very much!! - i'll give them a call tomorrow to see if there's is something close by.

Back