Some deer camp finger food

What a great post Jeanie! :clap2:

I have no trouble believing y'all had a great week - you clearly know how to get after it! :rockon:

It all looks AWESOME Jeanie!!! I have to share a story after seeing your "Cracker Crusher". A few years ago a bunch of us from the archery club were fishing in South Dakota. After the sun went down we generally enjoyed our cocktails. Ron always made margaritas. He had a motorhome with a generator so running a blender was no prob. The prob was the blender was nicknamed "Flame" 'cause it shot flames once in a while. Well, it finally pooped out in a big ball of flames & smoke. So we had to use the same method to crush our ice... Thanks for jogging my memory!!! Cheers!!!

Thanks everybody! :-D I didn't post pics of the deer hanging or the "other" things we did. Thought the mountain oysters would be upsetting enough to a few. lol

Food looks great! How'd the hunting go? Dead deer pr0n is ALWAYS appreciated! :-D

Thanks MisterChrister!! The hunting was great, everyone went home with venison. Here's a link to one of mine.. http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2012/12/last-day-of-deer-season.html

Jeanie, nice balls. :p

Is that you in the last pic?
lol Thanks Michael. That's my best friend. (one of them, I have two) We've been through a lot together and have so much fun. :mrgreen:

Can I hang with you...please?

Definately Phu!! You don't even have to hunt deer! Thanks...

And you shoot pool!?!?!

Very nice!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks westy, I LOVE playing pool. I keep the old table in my shop with a beer fridge and music. Mainly use it when friends come over but it's a lot of fun.
We have an on-going pool tournament during deer season. Gets interesting. :mrgreen:

Man, I want to party with you guys! Y'all do it up right!:thumb:

Thanks Pat! You would fit right in! :thumb:

I wish I belonged to a beer camp like yours.It all looks miteee fine but the MO's are "off the chain"!!! Nothin better!

Hoss, glad to hear I'm not the only one who loves them! Thanks!! :mrgreen:

We ate well at our deer camp but nothing like you folk's did.
Outstanding spread Jeanie!
Thanks Mike, I would love to see pics of your deer camp... bet it was fun too!

What a great post Jeanie! :clap2:

I have no trouble believing y'all had a great week - you clearly know how to get after it! :rockon:

Greg Thanks!! We have a good time. This year there were 9 full time guests for the week and 14 or 15 for the weekend. Did lots of cooking, story telling and laughing. :mrgreen:

It all looks AWESOME Jeanie!!! I have to share a story after seeing your "Cracker Crusher". A few years ago a bunch of us from the archery club were fishing in South Dakota. After the sun went down we generally enjoyed our cocktails. Ron always made margaritas. He had a motorhome with a generator so running a blender was no prob. The prob was the blender was nicknamed "Flame" 'cause it shot flames once in a while. Well, it finally pooped out in a big ball of flames & smoke. So we had to use the same method to crush our ice... Thanks for jogging my memory!!! Cheers!!!

lol Hamilton, that's great!!! I will remember this next time I'm camping. Thanks!

Thanks again everyone!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
So how many jello shots had you slammed down when you decided to get all SUV on those crackers?:-D

lol Guerry we hadn't tried the shots yet, they were still chillin'. Can't post pics of the "after" shots. :razz:

Just kidding, we didn't get too wild. :mrgreen:

Forgot to add...
We did have jello shot salad and pudding shot pie for Thanksgiving dinner..
It went over well! lol

Would be willing to try ther oysters That is a great way to make crumbs- should patend it. Amazing as usual. Did you not go oput for the hunt?

Would be willing to try ther oysters That is a great way to make crumbs- should patend it. Amazing as usual. Did you not go oput for the hunt?

Thanks George! You would have been proud of me, I used paper plates all week even for Thanksgiving dinner. No dishes to wash. :mrgreen:
I did go out a few times while they were here but hit it harder the week after everyone left. I'm stocked up on venison for the winter. :grin:

Looks like great deer camp fodder and great fun! Love those oysters! Turkey fries are even better.
Thanks for posting.

Looks like a tasty spread although ive never had mountain oysters before, but I would give them a shot.

I haven't had any calf fries in quite a while. Going to have to put em on the menu, soon. Looked like a good time and some good food.

WOW!

Wonder what happens when the men DON'T leave y'all alone at home?!

Looks great Jeannie!

Had our first puddin shots at my nephews redneck wedding where everyone including the bride wore camo (rednecks favorite color) and it pretty much ended up like this. Ahh I mean positioning the plastic deer!
redneckwedding090-1.jpg

That's a fine-looking buck. Congratulations.
Thank you RW! I'm not a trophy hunter, just go for the meat but I was happy with this one. :grin:

Trawler, Thanks!! I've tried turkey fries and liked them. Can't seem to find many here but I agree with you, they are tasty!

Big Bears, Thank you!!

Militant, Thanks! Glad to hear you would give them a try. They really are good. :grin:

Swamp Donkeyz, Great that you are a MO fan too. Thanks! :cool: :)

Wow!!!!!

You know how to do it!

How'd the guys do deer hunting?

O'Mordha!!! Where in the heck have you been? :mrgreen: I'm sure you have been busy. Everyone filled their tags... The week started out slow but by Saturday they had their deer.
Hope you are having a good season too! Did you get yours?
Nice to see ya, thanks!! :grin:

WOW!

Wonder what happens when the men DON'T leave y'all alone at home?!

Looks great Jeannie!

lol Wampus, we have a great time whether they are here or not. :mrgreen: Thanks!

Had our first puddin shots at my nephews redneck wedding where everyone including the bride wore camo (rednecks favorite color) and it pretty much ended up like this. Ahh I mean positioning the plastic deer!
redneckwedding090-1.jpg

lol Bob!! That's an interesting cake topper!! lol
Can't imagine what the wedding reception was like! :mrgreen: Thanks friend!

Jeannie, I thought I would mention that I live in Vinita OK, we are home of the worlds largest calf fry festival!!!! Cooked in it many times alot of fun it accompanies our Will Rogers Memorial Rodeo.. lots of fun, and I luv Fries!!!!

Back