Question about Harpoon

B

Born2Smoke

My posts usually get ignored on this forum but I guess I'll give it a try anyway.....:drama:

I'm looking for some information about the Harpoon BBQ Competiton in Vermont. I looked on the website and couldnt find any info about registering or an application. I know you have to sign up in Jan, and there is an essay involved but I cannot find any info. Does anyone have any information about this competition and if so can they share some with me.....

Thanks
Marc Mangano
3MBBQ

I didn't ignore you. but i have no idea about getting into that event.

Thanks for not ignoring me Wager.....you're a good man. :clap2:

I'm sorry was someone saying something........ :becky:

I think you have to just keep checking the site or you might try sending an email out to Fritz.

The application usually comes out at the end of Jan, and you have until the end of March to get it in. The essay isn't really an essay, rather it is two questions they ask on the appl. Keep an eye out torwards the end of the month.

You're a funny guy Mr Muzzlebrake:boxing: ....I left a VM for Fritz. Hopefully he'll get back to me. I check the website everyday, and will continue to check it again tomorrow and the next.....

Thanks for acknowledging me, now I'm really feeling the love!!

I'm sorry was someone saying something........ :becky:

I think you have to just keep checking the site or you might try sending an email out to Fritz.

WOW!!!.....The champ acknowledged me. Now I'm really feeling the love.:grin:

Thanks for the info Bill. Will we be seeing you at this event? You do this one every year right?

The application usually comes out at the end of Jan, and you have until the end of March to get it in. The essay isn't really an essay, rather it is two questions they ask on the appl. Keep an eye out torwards the end of the month.

WOW!!!.....The champ acknowledged me. Now I'm really feeling the love.:grin:

Thanks for the info Bill. Will we be seeing you at this event? You do this one every year right?

HAHAHAHA!!!! My pleasure.......Yes, providing we make the cut. It's always on our calender. It's a good event if you want to vend, you can make some pretty good money. The spaces are tight though!!

I think they favor the applications of those who have been before and those who want to vend.

Questions from last year are below. We have yet to get in.

• In 200 words or less, please answer the following question “Our team will contribute to the Harpoon Championships of New England Barbecue by……”
    (Responses can be written on the back of this form or can be attached)

• Please list your favorite beer and explain why you like it.
    (Responses can be written on the back of this form or can be attached)

Strike 1. His name is Fitz.

Yup, and Mike Paone will probably be the one dealing with the applications.

The application normally comes out on Feb 1st, so I would not even bother checking for it until next month.

Unlike say, Sam's Club, Harpoon is not first come, first served. They evaluate all the applications and select the participants, so there isn't an advantage to getting yours in on Feb 2nd. They aren't due until the end of March.

I thought so! I got my info from the KCBS site but not being that familiar with it I went with what was posted.

The Harpoon Championships of New England BBQ Windsor, VT
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Sorry Marc, blame the internet. Or me.

Yup, and Mike Paone will probably be the one dealing with the applications.

The application normally comes out on Feb 1st, so I would not even bother checking for it until next month.

Unlike say, Sam's Club, Harpoon is not first come, first served. They evaluate all the applications and select the participants, so there isn't an advantage to getting yours in on Feb 2nd. They aren't due until the end of March.

The real question is, do I have to send a MO, can I decorate my envelope, and what if I forget my SASE? Does it have to be a #10 and a 3x5 notecard?

Thanks Chris, But that strike goes against the KCBS since that's the way his name is spelled on their website. But I guess I shouldn't expect anyone from New England to know much about baseball. Do you even have a team up there??.....:boxing:

Back