• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Firin' up the Fox 2013

I appreciate the honest feedback!

We want to allow as many as possible to attend -

I've had several (6-7) that have said they wanted to go but were cooking Sams.

I've put the question out in email as well - and we'll let you know what we decide based on feedback, and of course refunds would be coming if we change the date and you couldn't attend.

I'm one who is already committed to the Sam's local in Madison, but the August dates wouldn't work for us either because we have family vacation the week before and wouldn't be home in time.

Im with Dann. Keep it the 4th weekend. If folks want to cook it, Mad city is a couple of hours away and they can do a double header. You will never make everyone happy. August is out for me...

Im with Dann. Keep it the 4th weekend. If folks want to cook it, Mad city is a couple of hours away and they can do a double header. You will never make everyone happy. August is out for me...

One double header was enough for me :-D

But I agree, you can't make everyone happy, and we wouldn't be able to make it either date, so it don't matter to me :becky:

I really also like the idea of the first full weekend after the 4th. Our village has a large picnic on the 4th every year. We've helped out for about 8 or so years now, and are kind of committed. But having this be the first full weekend after the 4th works for us as long as we can stand up to compete

We do a double header most years with Arthur and Libertyville....and that's enough for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

We do a double header most years with Arthur and Libertyville....and that's enough for me.

That's not a double header, that's back-to-back :) A double header is two in the same weekend, like the Evergreen Park Sam's Club on Friday-Saturday and then Willowbrook on Saturday-Sunday two years ago. Kicked my butt.

OK...you got me. Still...1 back to back is enough. But now that you mention it...I remember Sam's and willowbrook. Double header with HUGE storms. Worse than back to back for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with Scottie and Ron, you won't be able to please everyone in trying to set the perfect date so everyone can be there. I know of the issues you are going through with getting this on it's own this year, but more advanced notice next year would allow others to set their schedule and they can choose around that with Sam's Club locals. There's 5 close locals to choose from. I believe it should stay on the weekend of July 4th. Moving it to August would not work for me.

After much thought and discussion, and consultation with our KCBS Reps, and loads of great information from all of you, we are going to keep it on July 5 & 6 (KCBS), and July 7 (Amateurs & Kids Q).

Plans are to keep it the first full weekend after the 4th of July - so mark you calendars for 2014, and we will do everything we can not to change it next year.

Register for KCBS here - http://kcbs.firinupthefox.com
Register for Amateur here - http://www.firinupthefox.com/Amateur.html
Register as a judge here - http://judges.firinupthefox.com
And if you have a little kid who cooks better than you do (or not) - http://www.firinupthefox.com/Kids_Q.html

For those of you who are local - I know you'll be tired, either from our contest or Madison and the long drive home, but we would really appreciate :grin::grin::grin::grin: any of you who can judge the Amateur contest on Sunday. - you can register on the judges page. The amateurs really appreciate educated/experienced and consistent feedback.

Thanks. I guess I didn't get far enough in the process.

so this thread was kind of a "slow opening" if you are familiar with the restaurant term... - I'm a newbie here - can I post an official contest announcement thread or is this kind of it?

I don't know all the etiquette rules here yet.

Either way. I can add the contest announcement title to this one or you can start a new one.

Back