Doing a pig on Sat 5/12

rbsnwngs

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I will be lighting up the lang and doing a 50lb pig on sat all are welcome to come down and join in the fun i am doing this as a pratice run because i have had several request for a pig pickin lately
the beer will be flowing along with the food

i misread the original post, i thought it said 150# pig, it is a hog when it goes over 120

Anyone have suggestions for splaying the pig? Willie is getting it whole in a bag from the distributor. How to best break the back, other tips?

Anyone have suggestions for splaying the pig? Willie is getting it whole in a bag from the distributor. How to best break the back, other tips?

Lift it over your head with your one good arm and throw it down onto a couple of 2x4's, this should break the back easily!!!!:p j/k

Les

OMG :eek:

1 - whole pigs dont fit in small cryovac bags and sit on supermarket shelves.
B - whole pigs have faces
III - whole pigs look like something that could have been named, petted, or taken for a walk.

I'm staying home and doing yardwork. :redface:

FYI, Bready, aka Brandon Ress, proprietor of the former storefront Hot Sauce Shop and organizer of the ICS LI Chili cookoff has cooked/qued several hogs/pigs. In fact I understand he grows 'em in Hauppauge believe it or not.
He might be an excellent source.

Meanwhile, I plan on stopping by to view this outstanding spectacle.
"You put the Lang in the lot and then you smoke it on up............."
Sooooooeeeeeey!

Willie B, please let us know exactly what you did and how it turned out. Im cooking one for the 4th of July on my offset and need to know what temps you cooked, how long, etc. if you don't mind. Im sure it's gonna be awesome. Im definitely exited about doing my first 1.

OMG :eek:

1 - whole pigs dont fit in small cryovac bags and sit on supermarket shelves.
B - whole pigs have faces
III - whole pigs look like something that could have been named, petted, or taken for a walk.

I'm staying home and doing yardwork. :redface:

By the way i named it poohba just for you

If ya get it to turn out like Smokincracker's or Adam Perry Lang's pig then you've done good....

if not, try again next week...

Last edited:
Back