305Q second cook ***LIVE***

So you cooked spares twice and they didn't like them both times right? Spares and baby back for that matter should not be your first cook. Spares are filled with small bones which to an unknowing customer is not very appealing. Give it one more try, you have nothing to lose at this point. Unless you find someone in the Miami area who is looking for a WSM you won't get the 4 bills you paid. I would be hard pressed to think that the least you'll lose is about $100-$150 on the sale. So, go get a nice 8# pork shoulder and make some pulled pork. Go easy on the rub and the wood. Cook it until it probes like butter and then rest it for 2 hours wrapped in foil, bath towel and inside a warm cooler. Serve it up with some cheap hamburger buns and sauce on the side. If that doesn't work, then find a new family...............:biggrin1:

i couldn't agree more. i'd try cooking something different before you lose money selling it. maybe they dont like pork much(what a crazy thought). tell wifey you'll lose some $$ by selling it and you wanna try something else. i suggest using very little apple/cherry wood. do it for us......

Where is your wife from? I ask because a lot of "city folk" dont like smokey BBQ, its not part of their family cooks and such and family houses. Most prefer seasoned meat on a propane grill (nothing wrong with this i use my grill plenty). It's alot to do with upbringing especially the area.

Wife is first generation Cuban. We are both born and raised in Miami.

So....she says, can you do chicken on that thing? SO I said yeah! Chicken, Turkey ham etc.... so she is down for chicken.

OK hit me up with some ideas and recipes please... I think I got one more shot.

Wife is first generation Cuban. We are both born and raised in Miami.

So....she says, can you do chicken on that thing? SO I said yeah! Chicken, Turkey ham etc.... so she is down for chicken.

OK hit me up with some ideas and recipes please... I think I got one more shot.

Are you thinking bone in chicken? I would use lump charcoal and get your smoker up around 325 or so and get your chicken up to 150 quickly and back her down on temp and cook till there pretty. You can make killer chicken on the wsm, just dont mess it up, lol;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, a little hotter cook, do not add wood. Do whole chicken or split chickens around 325F to 350F, I like a little bit of salt, pepper and lemon, maybe some thyme. Everyone loves roasted chicken.

Back