• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Gimme your top 10 in BBQ...

Mid-Atlantic Specific:

Cool Smoke
PA Midnight Smokers
Jacked Up
Lo'N'Slow
Chix Swine & Bovine
Cool Smoke
Gone Hoggin
Checkered Pig
Dizzy Pig
Black Cat

*Notable Mention: Cool Smoke

If your not on the list, sorry, no disrespect intended. Been down south so much, I probably forgot, but I'm sure you'll remind me soon

Dan. Now you went and hurt my feelings. :p However I can't disagree with your list.

Uhhhh, I think you guys may be missing the point here. He wants a list of the best (as identified by other teams) so they can be invited to an all-star event. Pretty much the opposite of avoiding competition.

Yeah Ronnie Wade should be there. Excellent cook.

Ahhhh, then he definitely wants Melissa and Pete, of Yazoo's Delta Q.

When ole Melissa is on, man she's ON.

^^^ Couldn’t agree more. You wanna be the man, then you have to beat the man (or team).

ABSOLUTELY. It's been a few months back, but the last time I competed I tied for 4th. I was very happy, but more happy that there were 3 previous MiM GC's (including Mister Mixon himself) behind me... And it was in an MBN event; including the on-site which everyone who hasn't done it thinks it's "rigged" for the big kahunas. I happen to disagree...

I seem to find a way to come in right behind Dixie Q and Lonnie of Bubba Grills every dawg-gonned time... Sick-a-frickin sas-a-frassen sommmma *****!

I mean, if you're gonna compete, the **** it, COMPETE! :-D

A few teams in my region
I agree with 3eyz list (especially since we are on it)
lakeside smokers (retired)
3eyz
chix swine and bovine
pa midnight
lo n slo
Q haven
smokopolis
gone hoggin
good smoke
hart attack
many more, but I wont continue because the list goes on.

Competing Mainly in Ky, Southern IN, Tenn these teams are consistently winning or in the top 5 almost every time

Warren Co Pork Choppers
Moonswiners
Eat Mor Butt
Bourbon Barrel
Pappy Q
Do Rag Q

Since I am Posting this Rooter-Tooter BBQ, lol. But I haven't won a thing. Lol

Man, really appreciate everyone's input. This isn't meant to imply that anyone doesn't way to compete against the best. I prefer that as well. I have been asked by someone here to help create a competition that is unique and would draw bbq spectators from outside our state. A tough charge in some respects. He is willing to put the money in, and wants something of a "best of the best" comp, which is why I posted what I did.

Either way, great to hear from other regions who is considered the top gun at anytime. Great BBQ discourse. SKBS

That would be the ones who have no respect for other teams, the organizer, or the competition in general. For some reason, they decided to show up and make those around them miserable.

A couple of people immediately came to mind.

What the heck, I'll bite. The Missouri perspective.

True bud
Shake and Bake
Smoking Hills
Gilly's
Butcher
Munchin Hogs
Caveman
Blazing Blue
Hog Tide
Parrothead

That would be the ones who have no respect for other teams, the organizer, or the competition in general. For some reason, they decided to show up and make those around them miserable.

:clap::clap:

That right there is the triple threat. I'll cook against anyone, but when the ignoramus is out, I'd rather be home sitting poolside. Those guys just make it hard on everyone.

I seem to find a way to come in right behind Dixie Q and Lonnie of Bubba Grills every dawg-gonned time...

Excellent point Hance.

Lonnie is a skilled cook and spectacular showman who somehow is regularly overlooked despite the long history of success he has had with MIM/MBN. I'm surprised he hasn't become a fixture on the TV barbecue shows as he would be great for it.

-GF

Mid-Atlantic Specific:

Cool Smoke
PA Midnight Smokers
Jacked Up
Lo'N'Slow
Chix Swine & Bovine
Cool Smoke
Gone Hoggin
Checkered Pig
Dizzy Pig
Black Cat

If your not on the list, sorry, no disrespect intended. Been down south so much, I probably forgot, but I'm sure you'll remind me soon :p
I agree, and would add 4:20

Just trying to generate a little bbq discussion. Also, may be trying work with someone
in Hot Springs to do an "all star" bbq event, but kinda hard to name who those teams would be (and no SKBS is not in that league, but we are working on it :becky:)

In MBN/MIM (no particular order):

• Ten Bones
  • Jack's Old South
  • Yazoo Delta Q
  • Ranucci's
KCBS teams that win consistently across regions

• Cool Smoke
  • PA Midnite Smokers
  • Tippy
  • 3 Eyz
  • Chix Swine & Bovine
  • Butcher
  • Hart Attack

From the IBCA/Texas cooks:
Ronny & Michelle Wade
Danny Christian
Don & Jan Canterbury
Angie & Gene Pruett
Brad & Mary Caraway

KCBS...too many for just top 10 but a few come to mind
Quau
Cool Smoke
3 Eyez
Chix Swine Bovine
LottaBull
Munchin Hogs at the Hilton
ParrotHead Smokers
Pellet Envy
Smokin Triggers

MBN
Yazoo's Delta Q
Jack's Old South

Mid-Atlantic Specific:

Cool Smoke
PA Midnight Smokers
Jacked Up
Lo'N'Slow
Chix Swine & Bovine
Cool Smoke
Gone Hoggin
Checkered Pig
Dizzy Pig
Black Cat

If your not on the list, sorry, no disrespect intended. Been down south so much, I probably forgot, but I'm sure you'll remind me soon :p

That about covers it. Wow, Cool Smoke is both on the top 10 list AND Notable Mention.

That about covers it. Wow, Cool Smoke is both on the top 10 list AND Notable Mention.

Cool Smoke is on that Top 10 list TWICE and a notable mention!

The team that would be at the top of my list is Darren of Smokey D's. I've seen him win a ridiculous number of first place awards at the Royal. And, cook all over the country on different smokers and win more consistently than any other team (an opinion). Darren and Sherry may not cook quite as much as some of the top teams but as someone who has followed KCBS results for many years - they seem to be the most consistent winner to me.

Back