Anyone have a recommendation?

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
For a finishing rub for ribs? Commercial or otherwise? I'm doing a contest in a month or so, and I'm thinking a nice dusting at the end of the cook and glaze might add a little depth to the flavor profile, but I'm not sure what to use.

My profile is the usual sweet/tangy with a little bit of a bite, but not much.

Thanks!

Not that I do as well as I'd like with ribs, I use either Smokin' Guns Gun powder or 3 Eyz ground up to a powder, depending on how much heat I want to add.

What contest are you doing?

Depending on how I think things turn out i have 2 that I use. Primarily I use Butchers Honey rub for finishing. I dont have to grind it and really like the taste. If I feel i need a bit more savory than sweet I like Simply Marvelous Season All.

Not that I do as well as I'd like with ribs, I use either Smokin' Guns Gun powder or 3 Eyz ground up to a powder, depending on how much heat I want to add.

What contest are you doing?

The Fernandina Beach Rib cookoff in March. It isn't KCBS, but it is a lot of fun.

http://www.fbeachbbq.com/rib-cook-off.html

Thanks for the responses all. I will give some of these a shot!

just a tip. I let my ribs sit for an hour or two with the rub on it. Then pack the top with light brown sugar mixed with real Vermont maple syrup. Let that puppy cook and it'll glaze itself. No need for anything after. As long as you keep that temp below 250 it wont burn the sugar.

Back