BBQ Android App Just Released

Start a new thread when you do the iPhone version!!!!

Will do. We might release the iphone in multiple stages to get it out earlier and add more functionality through later upgrades. Will know more in the coming weeks.

iPad crew waiting here too.

We have the iphone/ipod in progress which you could use on ipad as needed. But... We have grand visions :mrgreen: for ipad and want to build something specific for it to really leverage the resolution and area. I have an ipad myself and would love to use it so selfishly motivated. So iphone/ipod first, iPad coming later though.

OK, finally got a chance to use it tonight when I was grilling some Salmon. In general, worked pretty well.

I did find a bug, however. It is under the Cook Notes. I had added a bunch of notes on the cook, such as the fact that I was cooking on the raised grid, the lump was a little damp and slow to start, etc. I saved the notes, and all was well. But, when I changed the pit temp value, it erased all of the notes I had saved. They seem to be lost forever.

I was able to replicate the error by starting a new test cook, entering some notes, then saving. Again, when I typed in a pit temp, all of the notes disappeared.

Other then that, I like how it worked. It should be very handy to log all of my cooks.

^^^Thanks for the heads up.

Is it wrong for me to be this excited where I want to get rid of my blackberry and find an iPhone ? :)

Just downloaded it. cannot wait to try it out. May need to get a wifi Guru now!

Is it just me and my old eyes, or are the white on orange buttons hard to see? I know I am going blind so it may just be me.

I can not wait to try it out though. I am going to try to install it on my daughters Kindle as well.

OK, finally got a chance to use it tonight when I was grilling some Salmon. In general, worked pretty well.

I did find a bug, however. It is under the Cook Notes. I had added a bunch of notes on the cook, such as the fact that I was cooking on the raised grid, the lump was a little damp and slow to start, etc. I saved the notes, and all was well. But, when I changed the pit temp value, it erased all of the notes I had saved. They seem to be lost forever.

I was able to replicate the error by starting a new test cook, entering some notes, then saving. Again, when I typed in a pit temp, all of the notes disappeared.

Other then that, I like how it worked. It should be very handy to log all of my cooks.

sorry about that. thanks for letting us know. we will look into asap and target a fix for next release.

so im pretty sure im just an idiot and dont know how to work this.. but i cant seem to get the meats to come up where it shows the name of my pit and the current temp. I added them in the setup.. i even set up a probes 1 2 and 3... nothing is coming up?

I did what you did, and notes was gone. I usually cook different temps during a cook and didn't see a way to plug that in.

Killer App!!!:bow: I will venture to say I would easily purchase this app, even without a guru,,

sorry about that. thanks for letting us know. we will look into asap and target a fix for next release.

No need to be sorry. You put in a lot of effort to write an awesome app. Nobody expects the first version to be perfect. I'm happy to help out.

I have a question about the BBQ guru probes. I have a maverick thermometer set already, do I need to add probes to the guru if I buy one?
Thanks

Downloaded and rated!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back