• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Breast of Veal

C

Capozzoli

Anybody ever smoke a breast of veal? Im thinking about it. I love brasied breast of veal.

I kinda dont like the idea of veal, but it just tastes so damn good.

Vegitarian for dinner tonight so thinking about it smoked is making my mouth water. It just seems so right.

I never see posts on veal here.

Can't help you dude. I am just not a big veal fan. Maybe I have never had it cooked right and I have never had it smoked. There is like zero fat in veal and I just don't know how you could have it on its own.

I am hoping our Brethren step in here to enlighten us. I am at a loss.

I like veal, but, since it is generally tender, I rarely smoke it. I would think a breast of veal would be tasty smoked or grilled. In fact, I just had some rotisserie grilled then pan fried veal in a General Tso's style sauce and it was killer.

Yeah the cut is important. Plenty of fat on a breast. It is basically the chuck ribs if it were full grown beef.

Here is a braised breast of veal to give an idea. I think Im gonna try it this weekend. Found them on sale for $3.50 per lb.

DSC00080.jpg

This dish is one of my absolute favorites.

Hey Phubar, what cut is that? Did you smoke it? Howed it come out?
I have never heard of Veal Pichana?

So many questions.

Barbecued Breast of Veal

I have smoked many Breasts of Veal along with Veal Short Ribs.
Perfect ratio of fat to meat.
I cooks up tender and sweet.
I only use American humanely raised out of Ohio and only Milk Fed Nature.... it is amazing!!!

Attachments

• stufed breast of veal 2.jpg
    stufed breast of veal 2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Slow Roasted Breast3.jpg
    Slow Roasted Breast3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 94
  • pastrami.jpg
    pastrami.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Yeah the cut is important. Plenty of fat on a breast. It is basically the chuck ribs if it were full grown beef.

Wow, interesting discussion. I was just wondering if breast of veal was basically brisket, but now I have an answer!

About veal brisket, is that a thing, or has that muscle not really developed yet on suckling cow?

Hi Marty,
I just saw an old post you made regarding BBQ Veal.
I have been bbq-ing American nature veal breasts for some time now with amazing results......I actually prefer it over other meats.
I am biased considering I'm in the veal business but I am honestly giving credit where credit is due. I have prepared it for many of the top professional chefs in the country who have validated the claim. American Veal has the right amount of fat to meat ratio and is sweet and silky. low n slow 225 for 6-8 hours usually does it. Happy BBQ-ing!!!

$3.50/lb for veal is a really good price. I don't really buy a whole lot of it, mostly because I raise my own cattle every year and have a fark-ton of beef. You can buy veal that is raised more humanely (essentially free-range) these days. It should be on the label. If you cook it gently you will be rewarded.

Back