• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

OBR Headed to Oklahoma

A message to the Mods.

I'd like any OBR thread to go straight to a sticky. We need to keep it front and centre until things settle down. Such a disaster in Oklahoma. Personally, I want to see how OBR is helping out and all our members then get the chance to see it as a sticky and they will hopefully donate.

Gonna hit the report button now!

Cheers!

Bill

Someone pointed out to me that if you want to "buy" items and have them shipped directly to OBR, you can do it through Amazon as OBR has set up a wish list of things. I would think most ideal way to donate would be through their paypal account so they can get supplies while there, but this is another way to help out.
http://www.amazon.com/registry/wish...?_encoding=UTF8&layout=standard&sort=priority

Made a donation through amazon this was so easy and helpful thanks guys!!

Per the FB page as of last night over 22,000 meals served, expecting 10,000 at lunch today. Keep up the good work Brothers...

Update from their Facebook page last night:

First and foremost, THANK YOU ALL for expressing your willingness to help with our ongoing Operations in Moore , OK. We know that you have been waiting Patiently to hear from us and appreciate your patience. We have faced several challenges including moving our primary base of operations to a larger and more accessible location and the significant damage that we sustained in this morning's storms. Despite that, we have kicked out tens of thousands of meals to those who need them most.

Our focus at this point is on getting hot meals into areas that need them the most and we are so far, in pretty good shape. We have MORE than ample cooking capacity on site at the moment and if we need additional smokers we WILL reach out to to you all and specify what we need. Additionally, we have a significant number of volunteers set up for Tomorrow through Monday, but the need MAY increase depending on circumstances on the ground. We ask that you please DO NOT SELF DEPLOY! This is in order to allow us an opportunity to know what resources we have and where so that we can coordinate with local Government and Emergency Management folks and get food where it needs to be as quickly as possible! If we need additional resources, we will send an e-mail to the list and tell you when and where we need help. If you have deployment arrangements already made, please stick to the plan.

That said, if you live in the St. Louis Area, we are being listed as a beneficiary for the Annual 'Rib-Off' competition there on Memorial Day and can use some volunteers IN the St. Louis AREA to help represent OBR. If you are within 30 min. or so of St. Louis and can help, e-mail me and I will provide additional details.

Once again, we VERY MUCH appreciate ALL of you willing to help! We would LOVE to use all of you right now, but do not have the resources or need to do so at the moment, but as this may be an extended deployment...we will keep you in the loop! If you would like to get donations to us we could use the following:

#10 Cans of Veggies and Fruit (Any Kind)
Styrofoam Clam Shell Containers
Individually wrapped Snacks and desserts
Kitchen Cleaning Supplies
Foil Full Pans and Lids
Cambros
5 Gallon Buckets

I will communicate additional needs to you as they come to me! If you are able to arrange delivery of any of the above....please contact me and I will help facilitate the donation.

Once again....THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your willingness to help! My regrets that it's taken so long to reach out to you all, but rest assured it is a result of focusing on cooking and distributing meals to those in need...our CORE value!

Best Regards,

Jim

OBR has been on the national news repeatedly this week

Conclusion
BBQ folks is good people

You know it's an awesome charity when there is more than ample help!

Money sent.

A message to the Mods.

I'd like any OBR thread to go straight to a sticky. We need to keep it front and centre until things settle down. Such a disaster in Oklahoma. Personally, I want to see how OBR is helping out and all our members then get the chance to see it as a sticky and they will hopefully donate.

Gonna hit the report button now!

Cheers!

Bill

Thanks, Bill... I agree that this is an important cause, but frankly I'm not sure if have it as a sticky is the right thing. We see questions every day that are answered in the stickies and when that is pointed out the response is typically "I didn't see the sticky posts"!

I've stuck this thread, so we'll see how it goes.

Lots of great pics on OBR's Facebook page today.

Back