• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Texas:John Mueller's Back In The Game Post Scandal

RL Reeves Jr

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
John Mueller,famously ousted from the barbecue joint that bore his name, is back in action. Word broke this morning that the fiery tempered pit boss is on the pit today at Shiner Restaurant and Bar in Shiner Texas. It's about an hour and fifteen minutes south of Austin if there are any Central Texas bbq folk on here thinking about a roadtrip.

the article http://www.scrumptiouschef.com/food...rant-And-Bar-Welcomes-John-Mueller-On-The-Pit

Goes to show, if you can cook, someone will give you another chance

24389435.jpg

I wish him well. But he sure has a long way to go to live up to Louie, doesn't he? I honestly hope he does well. I've eaten his BBQ and its pretty good. It's cooked old school unlike so much BBQ nowadays.

Nothing like a good scandal to increase business.

or drive it into the ground.

From what I've read in the past and more recently over the last few weeks, it just seems that it's a bad combo of personal issues, family issues and poor business management... too bad it goes public.. thanks to the internet..

John is definitely the best at what he does, his brisket and beef rib are killer!!!!
Best of luck to him.

I wish him well. But he sure has a long way to go to live up to Louie, doesn't he? I honestly hope he does well. I've eaten his BBQ and its pretty good. It's cooked old school unlike so much BBQ nowadays.

What do you mean about old school cooking? I'm definitely interested in learning more about his style and techniques.

Thanks for the tip. If you go let us know how it is. I make it to Austin often on business and may have to make a detour if the Q is worth the effort.

Thanks for the tip. If you go let us know how it is. I make it to Austin often on business and may have to make a detour if the Q is worth the effort.

no need to go to shiner. John is great but Franklin's in Austin is out of this world and John's old trailer (J. Mueller BBQ) is staffed with Franklin's old pit master. Lockhart would be the next logical step in the BBQ trail which is an hour south. Shiner is kind of out there but you could hit the brewery and grab some good Q if you got mad enough at it to make the drive.

He may have his problems but why can't there be a pitmaster whose tragic defect is that he likes the hot ho's at all the titty bars and blows all his money on them?
stripper%20promo%20pic02.jpg

I was just reading an article about John's story in Texas Monthly. So did I understand this correct.. after being down and out he started a pit in a trailer and now got "kicked" out? Man what a shame.

Back