Judging Class Iowa Barbeque Society Sponsored KCBS CBJ Class March 2,2013

Leatherheadiowa

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The Iowa Barbeque Society is offering another judges certification class. The class will be taught by KCBS members Dave & Virginia Londeen of Eden Prairie, MN. It will be held in Des Moines on Saturday, March 2, 2013 from approximately 9:30 – 4.

As many of you know most of the contests here in Iowa are sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society in Kansas City and it is the world’s largest organization of barbecue and grilling enthusiasts. A majority of its members cook on teams in competition or judge at competitions.

This class will be held from approximately 9:30 – 4 on Saturday, March 2, 2013. We will be judging product in the categories of poultry, beef, pork shoulder/butt and pork ribs. KCBS member cost is $60 and non-member cost is $95 (you will then be a KCBS member).
As of today we are at 65 students and have a cutoff at 84 students!
We would love to have you join us by registering using the form at IABBQ.ORG

We will be judging product in the categories of poultry, beef, pork shoulder/butt and pork ribs.

Technically the category is "Chicken" and allows chicken, kosher chicken or Cornish hens as an approved entry.

There was a question on the Master CBJ on this subject when I took it.

I'll be helping getting the new class certified and looking forward to seeing all my old BBQ friends and making some new ones. I know my nose is ready to smell some Q again.
Any Brethren taking the class? I'd make a point to look you up and say howdy.
Ed

I'll be there as a volunteer again this year. I really enjoy these classes - this will be the 4th or 5th year that I've helped out. I get a chance to be a part of certifying new CBJs and at the same time I get a refresher course for free :-D.

Technically the category is "Chicken" and allows chicken, kosher chicken or Cornish hens as an approved entry.

There was a question on the Master CBJ on this subject when I took it.

Dang it! I was hoping to cook squab! :doh:

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Back