• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

*** ADMIN NOTE *** NO PICS DIDN'T HAPPEN? I call BS!

As a new member to the forum and I just learned to post pics myself I find it a great experience to show off our cooking. Heck I posted a pic to the asian throwdown(not the clearest but there). I don't take pics of every cook but I love to talk about them either wa this is the best forum I have found and am proud to be a member (contributing soon) Alan

You didn't just ask yourself for pictures, did you? :-

:wink:

Words,pictures and vids is how I learned a lot these couple of months from you guys...still I think pics are very important and I'm glad to see people doing their best to show their process of prepping foods (or smoker build) to show the rest how they do it and maybe can learn from it.
And I agree with that you don't have to post pics of a dish you've made numerous of times but it's cool to see progress in your Brother's or Sisters' work.

Like it or not, your gonna get pics from me!:twisted:
attachment.php

JUCY! All natural butter.

I love the pics but I haven't posted lately cause I reached my storage limit and I think I have to delete something to post something else and I been to lazy to figure it all out. Did my first stuffed pork loin last week but wouldn't have dreamed of mentioning it without pics. I think Poobahs post will make this an even better site. I'm pretty new here but thats my 2 pennys worth.:-o

I also have cut way back on posting about cooks. Take the time to take the pics then upload and do a write up. You get a bunch of views and no one says anything.
But forget to post the pictures and everyone jumps in/on.

Other forums (Non Food related) have a thank you button so if someone doesn't have anythign to say they can just leave a thanks.

Thankfully that butt is free of bark.

*gags* Man - now that doesn't really make me want to cook..... or eat for that matter.... :icon_sick

And please.... Don't post any phtos of butts with bark :roll: LMFAO

You guys crack me up.....

Beleive it or not - at work my network blocks all the pics on the site - but I still spend lots of time reading the posts because as good as pics are, I want to read tips, instructions and accounts of what someone did exactly so I can apply to my own cooks (being a beginner).... I often go right to the most worded, detailed post about a subject - although I admit a few pics do help the explanations along....

You know, I can take ribbing for not posting pictures. What hacks me off is when someone complains that I didn't post enough pictures of a cook - or that the pictures were not high enough in quality.

I agree. It is also irritating when people say your photo isn't authentic.

How bout something a bit more subtle now and then like "Everything goes better with pics". Not harsh but to the point.

I really like putting in the photo's, but I have to admit that when I joined, I was a bit in awe of everyone and the things I saw posted. Actually, I still am.:icon_shy

I didn't want to immediately post something and find that it was just so ordinary etc...

Also, it IS a bit of a learning curve getting the photo's uploaded and looking good. It does take some time to gain confidence. I'd just recommend that we look after the new people. Anything under 100 posts and we should just encourage their participation... that's about how long it took me to get the hang of it....

Anything over 100 posts... we hammer them :twisted:

Even though I post pics, and do my best to make them look good, I really do try to make complete posts that work without the pics. If I boil up some ribs just for the heck of it, I can't see a reason to post, if I see a reason to post, then I want to include information as well. I will point out, from what I have seen, I am one of the few that has posted pics of cooks that did not work out also.

I think the wife would have me commited if I took pics of food. IMO it all looks fake anyway like a food commercial that doesn't look the same when you go out to eat. Looks great in the pic, but disappointing in person. Just sayin.

Here is a scenario, when I 1st joined and still did not understand the quality and knowledge of the people here. I posted some Pic's, not so great Pic's. Never had anybody cut me down for it. Besides learning to be a better cook my photography skills have increased.

February 2008...

Picture099.jpg

Today.
Picture779-1.jpg

Pics are great if you feel like you have something to show or tell, but after a couple hundred pork butt's you've kind of seen it all:icon_sick

I think we need a big old group hug:rolleyes:

but this is the Brethren and I know it would turn into a reach around:biggrin:

edit - sorry Terry, I wasn't talking about your butt;_)

Back