• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First time Armadillo Eggs

I'm sure they're awesomely good to you so I was just responding in that you asked for thoughts and opinions and in my opinion when all that stuff becomes paste (or chunky mixture) so I don't get to taste the textures on my tongue which is what I like. I don't favor sugary sauces either so the good news is that it leaves more of that for those who enjoy sugar. Me I'm all about pepper. Pics would be helpful. :drama:

I understand your opinion, and respect it...
I also like the texture, and turns out I need more onion and jalapeno (so you were right about dulling down the flavors)... BUT, the idea of pre-making the insides worked really well... just need to tweak the ingredients a bit. I also tried this one without the sauce, was just a bit salty to me without it.

Here's a couple of pics.
Here's the frozen cheese chunks , I know they look like tater tots.
cheesefillingSmall.jpg

here's the cooked egg
IMG_0070MediumSmall.jpg

Cool pics and most interesting. I had visualized something different. In what you made pregrinding the filling makes sense. I may try it with a grid chop (and sans cheese) they look just lovely! Thanks for sharing

Either of the 2 shown ways look great, but I like the idea of smaller ones for serving. I may have to do both of them side by side for comparison! Either way: I AM HUNGRY!

Either of the 2 shown ways look great, but I like the idea of smaller ones for serving. I may have to do both of them side by side for comparison! Either way: I AM HUNGRY!

The smaller ones are just the filling which was pre-made and frozen... the second was the finished product... well, before I finished it off. lol

Gonna tweak the filling a bit, but that just means I have to make more...darn the luck!:becky:

I meant the ones the OP put up and the ones you made. I follow you on the premade, frozen filling "tots". Seems like a simple and effective way to do it versus the halved and filled jalapenos, and with a smaller, more finger-friendly dish.

Damn this is a great thread:thumb: On the big ones I thought it looked like there wasn't enough pepper or cheese per bite. So I thought, "so just use habanero's , on the small ones they look perfect. IMHO. Thanks for posting.

Back