• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Masters in may 2014 (fremont, wi)

If you're in Appleton this would be a GREAT first comp for you. Bearing in mind that it's mid-Wisconsin in early May, the weather is a bit of a crapshoot. Last year is was awful Thursday and Friday, but Saturday was gorgeous! It was one of the best run first time comps we've been to

Too funny I was there last year and it was my first sanctioned event! Had a great time and am already registered for this year! Yeah boy was Saturday weather great after the crappy night.

Too funny I was there last year and it was my first sanctioned event! Had a great time and am already registered for this year! Yeah boy was Saturday weather great after the crappy night.

Seemed really nice saturday and I think it was still only 50. Saturday night was a little rough.

Both nights were pretty chilly...especially if you had to go to the bathroom. It felt a solid 20 degrees colder in the bathrooms. Luckily we had plenty of propane for our heater and it was a comfortable 60 degrees in the canopy.

We had the heat on in the trailer, but may have stayed up drinking with no campfire most the night. think at one point we put the king cooker in the middle of the tent for heat. I remember cold wet feet on the way to the johns.

Yeah a propane heater in the canopies kept us pretty comfortable too.

Entries

Yes there are openings left, but I would suggest downloading the application at mastersinmay.com and getting it in to assure entry!

Tim Schopp

TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI
OSHKOSH,WI

Team roster

WELL HERE IT IS THE LIST OF TEAMS ALL READY ENTERED AND GUARANTEED ENTRY IN THE 2014 MASTERS IN MAY ! Does not include entries received after Friday, February 7th.

2 Bones BBQ (IL)
2 Skinny Cooks (IL)
Aces High BBQ (MN)...
AW Hell (MI)
Blue Pig (WI)
Brew-B-Q BBQ (IL)
Bringin' the Heat (WI)
Burnita Boys BBQ (WI)
Chefs Gone Grilling (WI)
Croix Valley Sauces (WI)
DD's BBQ (WI)
Freeman Brothers (WI)
Green Eggs & Bam (WI)
iBlade BBQ (MN)
IBQ'N @ thebbqsuperstore.com (MI)
Kave Dwellers (IL)
Kens Burnt Ends (IL)
Mac Attack BBQ (MI)
Moose's BBQ (WI)
QUAU (IL)
Que the Smoke (WI)
Scrapyard Smokers (WI)
Second City Smoke (IL)
Shiggin' & Grinnin' (MN)
Smoke Infusion (WI)
Smokin' Aces Crapshoot@ thebbqsuperstore.com
Smokin' Joes 911 BBQ (WI)
Smokin' in the D's BBQ (MI)
T-Mac Smokin (WI)
The Smokin' C's (WI)
Tim's Full Belli Deli (WI)

As of today we have 62 confirmed teams with a limit of 66! I would suggest getting an application in to guarantee your spot!

Timothy Schopp
OshVegas, WI

Mim purse

Purse now sits at $10,750.00 with a full roster of 66 teams. Jim Larsen, organizer believes he will hit the target purse of $12,000.00 in the next couple of weeks. Purse will be paid down to 10th in all meat categories and Overall, with trophies and ribbons for the same!

Timothy Schopp
OshVegas, WI
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI

Looks like there is one Michigan team still slacking on getting his app in. Sending it this week Tim

Paul lirk

The 2014 MASTERS IN MAY is pleased to announce that BBQ Legend and historian, PAUL KIRK, CWC, PH-B, B.S.A.S. will attend the MASTERS as A Cook Team ! Paul confirmed this to me yesterday in a phone call. Paul has won over 475 BBQ and Cooking awards including 7 World Championships! Paul has conducted his " Baron's School of Pitmasters " classes in the United States as well as around the World in South Korea, Canada, Ireland and Switzerland. A member of the KCBS board of directors he has published countless books on both Cooking and BBQ! We welcome him to our event.

7 world championships

Yes Scottie .... 7 , but not all in BBQ. According to KCBS and Paul's own website. But when I questioned this was told these were 7 different types of cooking styles and contests.

Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI

Teams

Today the MASTERS IN MAY 2014 event hit 50 paid applicants. With a limit of 66 teams the footrace has begun! Many great cabins left and all sites are spacious! If you have any questions message me or email me at tjschopp@new.rr.com, or go to mastersinmay.com to download a team or judges application! Thank You for Supporting MIM2014

Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI
Oshkosh, WI

Teams

With 61 paid teams, we are only 5 away from capacity. The organizers have waived the late entry fee of 50.00 in the hope of filling the tables. If you are interested in a great comp with 12000.00 purse and great amenities go to mastersinmay.com or message me. Thank You

TIM SCHOPP
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI
OSHKOSH,WI

Back