• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

For those who inject

bam

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
What is your fav liquid to use beer,broth,water,apple juice,dr pepper what? For each meat is there any difference?

I injected for the 1st time for super bowl sunday and I wasn't impressed. I used apple juice in pork butt and I'll never inject again.

For birds NOTHING works better than melted butter with cajun seasoning.

I use mostly broths and juices. I never have gotten crazy with much more then some onion, garlic etc..

pork= juice
beef= broth

etc..

hope this helps..

Sal

Might I suggest starting with water. Its a neutral product, and use it as your starting point. If you have injected before and looking for that magic elixir thats not what injecting will help. Might I suggest you do a side by side test (as I have suggested this method many times) lets take brisket. We all know that every brisket will taste different. Thats why most people cook more than one at a contest. Take the same brisket and cut it down the middle starting at the point end and ending at the flat end. Now you have an exact same starting point for different mixes. Inject both and start your process.

Now on to the rest of your question. I think fruit juices do well with pork and I like water with beef.

I got a chance to meet the gang from Johnny's at the Winter Fancy Foods Show last month and they gave me a bottle of their French Onion flavored au jus concentrate.

thumbnail.asp

I made up a batch and used it as an injection for a brisket and a beef shank recently. It added a really great flavor without overpowering the beef flavor. I did make the "broth" about half strength from what they say to use for au jus.

What is your fav liquid to use beer,broth,water,apple juice,dr pepper what? For each meat is there any difference?

These are some I have tried thanks for for your input.

Now on to the rest of your question. I think fruit juices do well with pork and I like water with beef.

I agree with David...for comp's we use his product with fruit juice (either apple or white grape, or both) for Pork and water and his product for Brisket (tried apple juice and broth but prefer the water).

At home I like apple juice, wooster, some rub, and some cider viegar for pork. I don't cook Brisket other than at comps:icon_blush: (no one other than the judges seem to like it:eek:)

Will be cooking brisket and pork butt every weekend til middle of april. Lots of practice ahead. Snowing again here today must keep path cleared to cooker in garage.

gave kosmos a run for the superbowl, pork was mixed with goya pineapple/guava nectar, and brisket was mixed with beef broth. Overall the taste from the kosmos was unnoticeable.

Did this thread get purged? I thought I read some other worthwhile info - maybe it was a different thread

We use a combination of sugar, salt, wust., and beef broth for the brisket. Pork is apple juice, sugar, salt, and wust.

A lot of guys use FAB or FAP for competition cooking.

For my butts I do a mixture or an extremely rich pork jus, apple juice, spice mixture.

I made my own for brisket as well but I am not satisfied. I did order some butcher injection and will be trying it out this saturday

Back