• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I'm done or Okay schmucks

Deckle? I have read many post on here about brisket and haven't seen anyone use the term Deckle. Deckle sounds like something you shouldn't get caught playing with.

Yeah I'm in this boat too. I wasn't aware there was a Deckle misuse epidemic on the forum. Either way I'm off to trim my brisket deckle to make some burnt ends :icon_blush:.

Please stop calling the point of a brisket "deckle". If you say brisket deckle, this is correct. Many cuts of beef have a deckle. A nice ribeye deckle makes an excellent carpaccio. A coulotte is also a deckle. Yes, we all love a good deckle, but point is a much more specific term and they are not interchangeable out of context.

Thanks for your attention.

And I thought a coulotte was a fashion disaster from the Eighties, but that would be re-deckle-less.

Unless the T is silent, then that would explain some one having their head in their deckle, making them a "Decklehead".

To say that a lot of beef cuts have deckle is also not completely correct. Also to separate by reference the deckle of the prime rib roast from the deckle of the brisket is also not correct. As they are parts of the same muscle that runs from the location of rib pair one to rib pair 11 in the steer. The term 'point' is actually not an accepted term for steer physiology and has been adopted from common use. brisket deckle would be correct however.

To say that a lot of beef cuts have deckle is also not completely correct. Also to separate by reference the deckle of the prime rib roast from the deckle of the brisket is also not correct. As they are parts of the same muscle that runs from the location of rib pair one to rib pair 11 in the steer. The term 'point' is actually not an accepted term for steer physiology and has been adopted from common use. brisket deckle would be correct however.
And if it were a heifer?

Does anyone recommend trimming their deckle?

tumblr_l3juofKuTW1qc9pwoo1_500.png

You might want to be sober or really wasted before trying that. You could end up with a couple of deckles.

Brisket and rib are unique primals. To not differentiate subprimals seems short sighted.

To refute your first sentence, I would also present the pichana.

Face it, these guys get off on a good deckle. (many eating meats jokes fit here)

Sounds to me like everyone needs to keep their deckles to themselves?!?!!? They have laws about showing your deckles to strangers:shocked::shocked:

Back