Do You Like This Site?????

Got my subscription today..about time. Just wanna say that this place rocks. I'm not talkin' just about the BBQ but the "whole meal deal", a friendly sharing community. I've only been hanging around here for a month or two, and it is terrific. It is a great place to learn and improve your Q and grilling, and with folks like Bo shizzle, Landarc, Tish, cowgirl, Phubar, Daddio..........well hell the list goes on and on and on. A big thanks to all of you for an enjoyable, welcoming environment. I either learn something new or see something I want to try every time I'm in here. And thanks to those of you serving as moderators and such as well as all those who keep this site running, much appreciated!

I'd be willing to purchase an Iphone App, which could help with the costs. Although, there would have to be an investment of some sort to create an app for a smart phone, so that could be counter productive. Just a thought.

I am so glad I found this site! I can't wait to dive in and search out advice / techniques to make a brisket like the ones I had growing up in Texas! Thanks all for the generous amount of information here.

I love this site. It is full of helpful information. Good job!
Welcome is mispelled on the top navigation bar and it it's driving me nuts! (a short trip)

I love this site. It is full of helpful information. Good job!
Welcome is mispelled on the top navigation bar and it it's driving me nuts! (a short trip)

Glad you like the place!
What, you mean it's not Welocme everywhere else? :becky: That should tell you something about this place!

Been hitting the Q for 25 years now, but brand spankin new to this site. Bless Y'all for the sheer amount of info here on this site, no doubt it's gonna sharpen my skills. Paypal here I come!

So far I have enjoyed the site and have gotten a lot of great info. I'm new to navigating through a site like this but I'm trying. So far thanks to all for the excellent information. By the way I have built my UDS and have been smoking on it. Would post pics but haven't figured that out yet. Ay help would be greatly appreciated.

Great site just picked up a offset on Craig's list for a $80 will be doing all the mods over winter. Lots of info here I'm down for the iPhone app

Finally got off my cheap ass and bought a subscription. I have learned so much from this site you cannot imagine. I have know idea where I would be without it. Thank you to all who donate time to administer the site and those who post here!!!!

Happy to donate, although I recently joined and have been AWOL most of the year, I have been reading alot of what goes on here and it is well worth the Subscription I just purchased. I will take advantage of the wealth of knowledge on the site and hope that I can be of some help to others down the road. Cheers:plane:

Bump, bumpity, bump.

Just re-upped my subscription, and happy to do it, long live the Brethren! :thumb:

Being in California I can grill year round, which I do. But I'm new to low and slow and looking forward to learning from this site.

I joined the Brethren in early August and have found it (and continue to find it) incredibly informative, inspiring and enjoyable. I just today clicked on the Purchase Subscription link located at the top of every page and signed up.

Phil and his gang have created an amazing place that to me is starting to feel like home. Thanks a lot Phil!!

Brian

Last edited:
Learning the ropes

I am not a big forum junkie, so for me learning this site is like learning how to smoke bbq but never knowing how to get around my wife's kitchen. Just a little frustrating any tips would be helpful

I was quite unfamiliar with forums when I joined. First I used the "Search" feature below and looked up topics I wanted to learn about. The threads that hit were packed with info which led to more questions and more searches. Eventually I started reading current threads. After I started to get a feel for the place I posted a couple of threads and was floored by the good response. Then I started recognizing the names of some of the posters which started to make the place feel homey. I had a really crappy COS (cheap offset smoker) that was giving me a hard time cooking both summer and winter. Got a kamado smoker a few months later (in May this year), put it together in June and was amazed at the difference in cooking. Holy smokes! Went from almost too difficult to close to effortless! Immediately I started entering the TDs (throwdowns -- in the Q Talk section of the forum) and that most of all has taught me a lot about smoking meat and everything else. Instead of putting my effort into keeping the embers going on the COS I now put my effort into the actual food. Hard to learn how to cook if all your time is spent making chimneys of lit coals.

This is one of the most helpful groups of people you will find on the planet. Give it some time and effort and I'm sure you will feel the same way I do.

Merry Christmas, Cousin Vinnie!

Not sure how I just found this site, but I sure wish I had found it sooner!

I was told about this site from a friend at work. I love this site so much useful info and everyone is helpful.

Back