• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bacon + Fudge?

Rover24

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The wife asked me to make fudge for an upcoming holiday function, and I'm trying to put a little Brethren twist on it. Has anyone ever incorporated bacon into their fudge recipe? I was thinking of folding it into the fudge prior to baking or maybe sprinkling it on top. What says the Brethren?

render small pieces of bacon so they are super crunchy and sprinkle it on the top. Most people will think it is some sort of sweet crunchy topping until they bite into ti and get the porky salty bacon flavor w/ the sweetness of the fudge which is ridiculously good.

Topping...especially if you are "surprising" your wife. You mess up her fudge gift and you will be needing the cooker for warmth. Just an observation! YMMV! :twisted:

I think I would personally chop it up fairly small and incorporate it throughout. Maybe sprinkle some on top so people know what they're getting.

Another option you might try, instead of chocolate fudge is maple fudge. Seems like maple and bacon would be a good combo.

Though I have to say, the one time I tried chocolate covered bacon, I also tried maple covered bacon. I liked the chocolate covered better than the maple covered. Though I think this was because the bacon in the chocolate was crispy and the maple was still on the limp side.

I have not made it, but have eaten it. Fudge and bacon work very well together, as long as you don't get over greasy with the bacon. The bacon needs to be an accent in the fudge, like the way that nuts accent fudge.

CD

First post! I think I got this. I have added bacon to chocolate chip cookies and brownies with excellent results.

Line a cookie sheet with foil.
Lay out all your bacon strips.
Sprinkle light brown sugar over them. Bake at 400 for 5-8 minutes. The bacon should be mostly cooked at that point but not completely crispy.
Flip your strips at this point, dredging them on the liquid forming in the pan.
Then add a little bit more sugar and give them another 5 minutes in the oven.
Remove immediately to a cooling rack.
Once cooled, the candied bacon will be rock solid and crumbly. Break it up to your desired size and mix into the fudge and/or use as a topping.

I hope this helps. My brownies were a big hit.

I've got some smoked hog jowls that I think I'll cube up, fry then sprinkle on top...I don't think it can possibly turn out bad! If people don't like it, they can slice off the top bacon layer. Kills two birds too, cause I need some bacon grease to make cornbread for the same holiday function.

I've had bacon as a topping on brownies, chocolate cupcakes, and chocolate donuts...all delicous!

First post! I think I got this. I have added bacon to chocolate chip cookies and brownies with excellent results.

Line a cookie sheet with foil.
Lay out all your bacon strips.
Sprinkle light brown sugar over them. Bake at 400 for 5-8 minutes. The bacon should be mostly cooked at that point but not completely crispy.
Flip your strips at this point, dredging them on the liquid forming in the pan.
Then add a little bit more sugar and give them another 5 minutes in the oven.
Remove immediately to a cooling rack.
Once cooled, the candied bacon will be rock solid and crumbly. Break it up to your desired size and mix into the fudge and/or use as a topping.

I hope this helps. My brownies were a big hit.
Hehe, kinda sounds like the pig candy recipe!!! I would eat any sort of dessert with bacon on it. Cake, cupcakes, donuts, fudge, cookies, ice cream, whatever, don't matter just put bacon on it!

Wow, what a surprise running into this thread! I just made a batch of this for our staff Christmas party that is this Friday.

Crisp-fried three strips of bacon.

Chopped the bacon mostly fine but some pieces are still around 1/8" in size.

Made the standard fudge recipe and stirred in about half of the bacon. I also added about a teaspoon of Jalapeno Bacon Salt. When done I spread it out in the pan to cool and pressed the remaining bacon on the top of it. As I write this it is cooling in the fridge. I cannot eat such sugary things but I hope to get good reports from my pals on Friday. I am also providing two briskets and two sets of burnt ends- one sweet and one hot with HDD and Rooster mixed with Blues Hogg Original.

And here it is!

uje4a4at.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back