• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Weber and first steak on her

Brew Crew

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I bought my mom a new weber gas grill for Christmas. I loved it so much I replaced my old worn out chargrill gasser with one too. Wow what a difference a good quaility gas grill makes. I broke my in with some chicken wings and then I decided to try some steaks. They turned out great and this grill has the even cooking surface I have read about. Now I hardly use a gasser, I mostly cook with my smoker, but for steaks or if I'm in a hurry this gasser is the way to go. Here are some pics of the gasser, first steak cook, and my plate. :grin:

Attachments

• 20130119_132321_resized_1.jpg
    20130119_132321_resized_1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 242
  • 20130113_184832_resized_1.jpg
    20130113_184832_resized_1.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 20130113_190329_resized_1.jpg
    20130113_190329_resized_1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 241
I find a gasser to be a useful tool to have in the box, Last Thursday I was grilling potatoes, broccoli and lamb chops over charcoal on my Performer. While the veggies were on the kettle, I had the lamb chops in a cast iron pan in the gasser warming up for a reverse sear. Once the veggies were done and the lamb on the hot grate over charcoal, I put the veggies on the gasser to keep warm while the chops seared. If it had been burger patties instead of lamb chops, I would have done the whole thing on the gasser. Makes cooking in sub-freezing temps a lot easier.

Enjoy!

Steaks look great but where does the charcoal go? Lol

Nice!!!
You could never convince me to give up my gasser!
I love my Weber, you may end up passing it on to your kids long into the future

The steak looks great Randy. I love my Genesis, I still cook on it weekly. :thumb:

Boomer Sooner...I catch a lot of heat for my OU support being in Texas. We do border Oklahoma and we are a couple of miles from the red river.

With this cold weather it is nice to be able to cook quick with a gasser. Tonight I cook smoked sausage on the grill and in 15 minutes we were eating sausage sandwiches.

Did you drink some 3.2 beer with that steak? :heh:

CD :becky:

Great looking gasser (I would love one on the side, but my wife wouldnt allow me to spend the 1700 euros on a Genesis) and the steaks look even better!

Great looking steaks. Your mom is pretty lucky. Giving grills has gone the other direction in our family so far. LOL

Nice steaks!:thumb: We have enjoyed our Genesis a lot and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

Congrats on the new grill it looks great. Them steaks look mighty fine. Nice job đź‘Ť

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

Back