View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #28
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Injecting Brisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley
ok, call me dense, I still don't understand how you don't get pockets of injection and needle marks. I once injected a turkey with Cajun injection and when I cut into the breast I would cut into pockets filled with spice and herbs. So you say this doesn't happen. I will be trying this out this weekend I quess.
Guys, it's all about using the right tool and the right technique. Number one on technique is pump it UP - don't skimp. Also, don't use worchestershire, cherry (or any red juice)juice, dark seasonings, etc. These will stain the meat. Don't worry about leakage - but don't blow it out either.

For brisket - inject ALONG the grain (or with the grain) - NOT across it. Really fill up the point and the area under the point where the flat slides up under there.

Then comes tools - the 2 and 4 ounce models are ok but for brisket, butts, turkeys, etc. try this bad boy in the picture. Works like a charm. It'll pump a brisket up like a football and pork butts look like regulation basketballs. It's available from Allied Kenco at www.alliedkenco.com

Now, your mileage may vary - me, I'll inject and see if I can't walk the stage a few times over the next few months.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote