Top UK chefs give their perfect BBQ ideas

Browser

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This was published today in the Daily Mail. It's recipe ideas from several of the UK's top-rated chefs for their perfect BBQ food. Now, you will notice, that as is the common case in this country, they are referring to grilling as barbecuing, and there is a distinct lack of any mention of fatties, ABTs, brisket, butts etc etc. I felt like penning a response along the lines of 'if you really want to learn about barbecue, click on www.bbq-brethren.com/forum :cool:

AINSLEY HARRIOTT

The TV chef is also the author of 12 best-selling cookbooks, including two on barbecues.

article-1186205-050B9A07000005DC-448_233x360.jpg
Barbecued around the world: Ainsley Harriott

He says: I've been lucky enough to travel all over the world for my programmes and books - Barbecue Bible, for instance - and here's one of my favourite...blablabla...

WTF ? I guess Steven Raichlen will be pissed... :twisted:

DM

Well, I did submit a message with a link. Once the moderators review it, maybe they'll post it! :roll:

How depressing... The English used to be so good with their language....

Don't get me wrong, I'm planning on GRILLED pork tenderloin this weekend. I'm also planning on BBQ'ing up Moink balls, ABT's, Chicken, Brisket, and if I have time a pork butt or two...

Ya gotta love this person's comment in regards to that article. Maybe, just maybe, if the person was to sample some real BBQ, I think he/she may change their opinion of "BBQ". :roll:

I hate BBQ. It is the 21st century is it not? We have learned how to cook food without fire years ago. Why people want to go back to 'burnt on the outside, raw inside' is beyond me.

Try to spare a thought for your neighbours. All summer our home smells like ash. We spend the summer with the windows shut and the air conditioner on to combat this. The minute there is a patch of blue sky out comes cave man behaviour.

I am sure this will be a very unpopular view point but I prefer to cook in the kitchen and then eat 'Al fresco'.
- martine, portsmouth, 22/5/2009 10:04

Unfortunately that isn't an uncommon viewpoint in the UK towards BBQs, that's why gassers are so popular as they 'smell less'. If only they'd take the time to learn how to do things properly:rolleyes::biggrin:

Back