Securing a fridge in a comp trailer?

BBQBeaver

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
For those of you who are running refridgerators in your trailers, how did you mount/secure it within the trailer to keep it stable?

Also, are you using any kind of latch system or holder to keep the doors closed during transport, but also open when not in use to 'air out'?

The first thing I would think of to latch the doors would be the strappy child safety things, like these: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Adjustable-Multi-Purpose-Strap/dp/B008BVY9CK/ref=pd_bxgy_ba_img_z"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st Adjustable Multi-Purpose Strap Pack of 6 Staps: Baby[/ame]

I secured an anchor point like the one on the top left in this image on both sides of the fridge and secured a ratchet strap over the top to contact them. Several thousand miles the fridge has never moved.

588_st.jpg

I also use the child safety straps on the door to keep it closed where one is closer to the top and the other is closer to the bottom.

I used the e track system on the wall, one at the freezer, and one mid way up the refrigerator door. rachet straps secure the doors during transport and secure the refrigerator to the wall for transport.

I also strapped a frig to e-track. It works good. I saw somewhere where a guy was screwing a bracket to the side of a frig to secure it to the wall and hit the cooling lines in the wall of the frig. Not good.

E-track is great but my fridge has external fins (or whatever they call them) so strapping it tight against the wall wasn't an option.

E-track and some small wood spacers glued to the back four corners to prevent crushing the cooling fins on the backside. The fridge can still be moved easily for cleaning behind it or servicing the fridge.

Back