Tyson's Best Wing on the Planet Finalists

SCSmoke

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Unfortunately we didn't make the cut. Congrats to all who did. Don't forget to vote for your favorite!

In no particular order, the winning teams (and location team competed in) are:

Pittsburgh, PA: Black Dawg BBQ
Thornton, CO: Smoke Therapy
Austin, TX: S & S Pit Crew
Lenexa, KS: Smokin’ Bad Habit
Southgate, MI: Diva Q
Des Moines, IA: Pig Skin BBQ
Canton, Ohio: Munchin’ Hogs at the Hilton
Las Vegas, NV: The BBQ Nerds

i belive they will begin judging friday...we are super stoked to have been choosen!

Not taking ANYTHING away from the finalists, GREAT job....this may come across as sounding crappy.......shouldn't the winner be judged by their end product and not a click on a website?

In an ideal world yes. It will be a popularity contest. I highly doubt anyone is going to recreate all 8 recipes and then pick their favorite.
I think the reason they are doing it this way is to create a public involvement and product awareness. They have 105,000 Facebook followers. It is a good way to hit their target consumer. Also I am sure they will make anyone that wants to vote like their page first.

I voted for Munchin,since they beat us in Canton,we finished third.Those must be some damn good wings cause I know mine are mighty tasty.

In an ideal world yes. It will be a popularity contest. I highly doubt anyone is going to recreate all 8 recipes and then pick their favorite.
I think the reason they are doing it this way is to create a public involvement and product awareness. They have 105,000 Facebook followers. It is a good way to hit their target consumer. Also I am sure they will make anyone that wants to vote like their page first.

forgive me, but where does one find all eight recipes?

forgive me, but where does one find all eight recipes?

Originally they told us the recipes would be placed on facebook for the vote. The also said they were going to have the voting period in October and finish mid November. They didn't even notify the finalist until then.

No offense to any of the finalists but weren't we told that no commercial sauces or rubs other than the team's were not allowed?

We were allowed to use commercial sauces and rubs. They just had to be listed as ingredients if the wing won a contest.

Not that it matters, I am happy for the finalists, and I look forward to trying some of the recipes,

apparently we have different definitions of commercial sauces and rubs.
I took:
"the Recipe does not contain any brand name products, except those owned by Sponsor"

so commercial rubs and sauces and anything else not homemade or owned by tyson would not be allowed.
I admit, I do not know what tyson owns.

But anyway, I think it is a great contest and I am glad for the finalist.

Back