Smoked Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well, I smoked five chicken breasts Sunday - marinated over night in Italian dressing and rubbed with Todd's dirt - (Two were for a mixed greens salad) and wanted to enter the sandwich throwdown. Chicken Salad!
I sliced the chicken into small cubes, and mixed with 2/3 cup whole milk yogurt, 2/3 cup sour cream, 1 tbs curry powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp mustard powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp Indian hot red pepper and a few dashes of hot sauce. I diced 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 red onion and 3 shoots of celery and two hands full calamati olives. Mixed and left in fridge 24 hours. The sandwich spread was 2 tbs jalapeno jelly, 1 heaping tsp horseradish and 2 tbs mayo. Generously olive oiled a loaf of Italian bread and toasted a bit, then assembled with sliced maters and romain.

Here's the pics:

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,133
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 150
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 139
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 139
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 391
Love chicken salad. Thanks for the recipe. Will have to try that. Looks mighty tasty. Nice pron too!

BTW, I'd hit that, but I think you already knew that!:cool:
:biggrin:Yep.

Do you fedex?
I do live in Memphis...

I LOVE curry.........I'd hit that 8 times in 3 days!:wink:
And be plumb wore out too.

Dang, that looks great. Did they taste as good as they look?
Yes, they did. Yes, they did. Oh yes, they did. The key is having the patience to let it sit in the fridge for a day.

Thanks Ian!

Thanks Guys!

What? Nobody likes curry?
070109160918_sonstige_ninja_male.jpg

I Calais love me! That cannot like other business being discharged my hip!

Back