Gimme your top 10 in BBQ...

Don't count out:
Buffalo's
Little Pig Town
JP Customsmoke
Gatweay Drum Smokers
Whiskey Pit BBQ
Big Poppa's

Not a whole lot of FBA guys post here but I will. First like others have posted cooking against the best is the only way to go. It's tough to improve if you're never challenged. That said there is constant challenge down here in the southeast. In no particular order I know that any of the following teams can win GC:
Big Papa's Country Kitchen
Budmeisters
Wooley Bully
Hot Wachulas
Git-R-Smoked
Unknown BBQ
Everglades
Sweet Smoke Q
JOS
BubBaQ
B&T Cook Team
Whiskey Bent
and so on and so on. Lots of quality teams down here.

Not a whole lot of FBA guys post here but I will. First like others have posted cooking against the best is the only way to go. It's tough to improve if you're never challenged. That said there is constant challenge down here in the southeast. In no particular order I know that any of the following teams can win GC:
Big Papa's Country Kitchen
Budmeisters
Wooley Bully
Hot Wachulas
Git-R-Smoked
Unknown BBQ
Everglades
Sweet Smoke Q
JOS
BubBaQ
B&T Cook Team
Whiskey Bent
and so on and so on. Lots of quality teams down here.
I'd put swamp boys at the top of this list. Right now hot wachulas is probably tied with you. If Garrett cooks pork sweet smoke is pretty hot. I've cooked around the country and would put these guys up against the kcbs boys.

If competing in Texas all bets are off. Flavor profile is sure different there. Hard to go against the Ronnie Wade.

Kcbs right now don't forget IAB30. They're on a roll.

I'd put swamp boys at the top of this list. Right now hot wachulas is probably tied with you. If Garrett cooks pork sweet smoke is pretty hot. I've cooked around the country and would put these guys up against the kcbs boys.
Ford, I'll agree with you on that. Swamp Boys is at the top of the list down here in the southeast, probably the nation. As for Garrett cooking pork...he did learn that from me...lol:-D

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
From the Rocky Mountain region, or teams that cook out here consistently:

Parrothead
Smokin' Triggers
Flyboy BBQ
Burnin' Bobs Butts & Bones
4 Legs Up
Buffalo's BBQ

Although I have a boat load of respect for many of the teams that regularly cook in the NEBS area, there are three specific elite teams that I strive to emulate. When I get good I want to cook like...

Lakeside Smokers
Smokin Hoggz
Hart Attack (iQue)

I give the same elite respect status to the occasional NEBS visit from 3 Eyz. I can only explain my respect for Dan & crew by stating that one of my proudest moments of 2012 was winning Chicken at Harvard MA and knowing that for just that one category we beat 3 Eyz...mucho respect for their dominance

I agree Lake Dog, I prefer to compete against tough teams. It's good to know how your scores compare to theirs and we've learned a lot from that.

Back