• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Meatballs on the drum

Yummy. How much time were they in the drum? And did you measure internal temp to determine when they were done? I'd like to try this but haven't done much different then butts, ribs, chicken, turkey...and a fattie! Cook times are still a mystery to me....I just read the meat temp thermometer to know when it's done. Not great for meal planning so far!!

John

Looks like you had a ball!

Fantastic work as always, Jeanie - love your posts! :clap2:

Thank you friends! The green chili ones were mild, the red ones were spicy and the veal meatballs were pretty tender. Hope to make more sometime and experiment with flavors.

Beautiful food (as usual) cowgirl. I'm a meatballaholic.

Thanks Freddy, I think I could become one of those too! :becky:

Those meatballs sound and look Great! Just wondering what kind of wood, if any, did you smoke them with, Jeanie.

Thanks Birthday Boy! :becky: I used a small kiss of mesquite. I had the tacos in mind when I cooked them.

As much as I love meatballs they sure do look good. I would have a hard time choosing which one I would try first. Those onion rings look good too. I can't ever get the batter to stay on them that good.

Thank you Garrett! I dip O-Rings in flour before battering, it seems to help a bit. Good luck with them! :-D

Yummy. How much time were they in the drum? And did you measure internal temp to determine when they were done? I'd like to try this but haven't done much different then butts, ribs, chicken, turkey...and a fattie! Cook times are still a mystery to me....I just read the meat temp thermometer to know when it's done. Not great for meal planning so far!!

John
Thank you John! They were in the drum for about 1 1/4 hours at 280F. I could have upped the heat to cook them faster but I was busy with other things and didn't think about it. I didn't use a thermometer to measure the IT, I just eyeballed them. You can break one open after an hour to check.
Good luck with them!

Looks like you had a ball!

Fantastic work as always, Jeanie - love your posts! :clap2:

Thanks Greg, I did have a ball and I love your posts too. :mrgreen:

Thanks again friends!!

Meatball Tacos.....What a great idea! That all looks wonderful. I'll need to copycat that if you don't mind.

Thanks Angryfish! I don't mind at all and I'm open to more meatball flavor ideas if you have any to share!

You have done it again :becky: Those taco's & sliders do look Great, I too love fresh Onion rings as well nice :eusa_clap

All of it looks great Jeanie, never thought of meatball tacos, will have to give that a try.

Awww man, I'm late for lunch and now I want a meatball taco and a veal ball slider!!!

You're killing me Jeanie!!!!

They look fantastic! :thumb:

Back