• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

SAMs Club Meat Dept. Helpful

HogFan

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Went by SAMs today to pick up a brisket. I was looking for one about 15 lb to smoke for Thanksgiving at my parents Thursday evening.

They only had 5 or 6 packers out and they were all small so I rang the bell and a young man came out to help. I told him I was looking for something larger and he went in the back and opened 3 cases trying to find larger packers. He came out with 7 or 8 packers but he found only one large one and it was 16 lb. I checked it out and the flat was very stiff. I thanked him for his effort and said I was hoping he would have several to choose from as I liked to pick out one with a flexible flat (I know, I know......I felt bad to even mention this point since he was so helpful). The young man asks, "Would a prime brisket work better?". Me: Do you have one? I've bought them here before but haven't seen one since July. He says they don't have one but did a couple weeks back and could order more.

He gets his manager and they are ordering a case of prime brisket......even though I only want 2 of them. Ordered at lunch and they should be at the store ready to pickup early Wed. morning.

Can't beat that.

I had about the same thing happen to me last week. I was needing 4 pork butts and when I rang the bell and told the guy what I was looking for he opened 4 cases looking for the biggest butts he could find ended up with 4 butt weighing in at 39.25 pounds.

Buy the butts by the case (8 pcs) and get the discounted case price.

They have always have been helpful for us as well.

That's good to know. Ours has good selection usually, but once in a while are a little lacking.

I have had good customer service at Sams. We had a Costco open up this weekend in town. Wondering if its worth the membership since im already a Sams member and have had no complaints about thier products or service.

I don't have those kind of stores locally. When I want something, the store in town can have it the next day, usually.

I have had good customer service at Sams. We had a Costco open up this weekend in town. Wondering if its worth the membership since im already a Sams member and have had no complaints about thier products or service.

All of these stores SAM's Club, Costco, BJ's have their own strong and weak points. I have memberships to all 3 because not only am I near them, but there is always one of them near my travels to pick-up supplies. I can even order the cases before I arrive when I get to town they can be picked up.

Costco has higher quality meats at higher prices - you get what you pay for.

BJ's carries bone in butts in cases, the other sell boneless butts.

Sam's has a good meat selection and a large spice selection.

Just because it is a "wholesale club" doesn't mean it's a great price, do your homework before you shop.

Costco has higher quality meats at higher prices - you get what you pay for.

BJ's carries bone in butts in cases, the other sell boneless butts.

Sam's has a good meat selection and a large spice selection.

Just because it is a "wholesale club" doesn't mean it's a great price, do your homework before you shop.

My local SAMs sells bone in butt......never seen boneless butt in this SAMs. They also have prime grade meats intermittently and will order prime on request (see above). Good prices as well.

I agree that the SAMs meat department rocks. I've been dealing with them for a few years now and the guys will bend over backwards to get you what you need.

Chris

Waitin'

Sam's is under construction now, can't wait -- Going to be an expensive first trip when it opens!

YOu get packers at your Sam's? Man, ours only carries the flats.

Bet you $5 that they will start ordering the packers if you ask.

They will always do something 1 or 2 times. If they lose on the deal, then they stop. A case is always a safe bet.

Back