• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Assassin has arrived!

That's a regular Assassin? Wow, thats a whole lot of cooker right there at a very good price. You might have sold me on one.

Spedly, you won't be dissappointed. I LOVE my Assassin. It performs unbelievably.

I spent years dragging a$$ all day long the day AFTER I smoked. Of course the day after a long night of smoking is when friends and family come over to help you eat BBQ - so for me, getting older and struggling on the all night cooks, the Assassin was the ticket. With the included Guru, it holds temps steady as a rock, and after checking or basting, gets back on temp asap. And yes, it holds a lot of meat.

Can't say enough about the quality and performance of my Assassin.

Funny, I've never experienced a company not wanting to take my money. The economy must be pretty good in Houston these days. Too bad too because I really like those Pitmaker pits but it's pretty hard to buy one if they don't want to sell me one. :frusty:

I don't quite understand why the Assassins come with a water pan. I thought they weren't needed for a gravity feed smoker. Is there a drain for it?

Spedly, yes, the economy is booming here in Houston. With all the new shale plays, Eagle Ford, Utica, etc., oil and gas revenues are flowing despite NGL and natural gas prices being soft at the moment. Pitmaker is probably busy - but that's a guess on my part.

Pitmaker is probably busy - but that's a guess on my part.

That is definite. Unfortunately in my case I was making a decision at the end of last week and made it known, never received a formal quote so I pulled the trigger with the one that did. A week later, still have not received. I really enjoyed the pitmaker vault(actually liked the safe a lot better) and could not go wrong either way, but Jeff made the point to call me multiple times without skipping a beat. The little things were important to me.

Sweet machine ya got there, but I have to admit, every time i see this thread I think of when Homer gets a pair of Air Assassins and the dog rips them up :grin:

Spedly, you won't be dissappointed. I LOVE my Assassin. It performs unbelievably.

I spent years dragging a$$ all day long the day AFTER I smoked. Of course the day after a long night of smoking is when friends and family come over to help you eat BBQ - so for me, getting older and struggling on the all night cooks, the Assassin was the ticket. With the included Guru, it holds temps steady as a rock, and after checking or basting, gets back on temp asap. And yes, it holds a lot of meat.

Can't say enough about the quality and performance of my Assassin.

Thanks treytexag. I've given up waiting on Pitmaker and reached out to Assassin this morning to see if they can ship to Canada. If so then I'm going to get one of those bad boys ordered today. The pictures, glowing reviews, and short wait times really nailed it for me. You and a few other Brethren should be asking the guys from Assassin for commission. :biggrin1:

Thanks treytexag. I've given up waiting on Pitmaker and reached out to Assassin this morning to see if they can ship to Canada. If so then I'm going to get one of those bad boys ordered today. The pictures, glowing reviews, and short wait times really nailed it for me. You and a few other Brethren should be asking the guys from Assassin for commission. :biggrin1:

I don't think that you can go wrong with your decision. I hope that the shipping cost aren't astronomical.

I called and talked to Jeff this morning regarding a bunch of little questions and tips and tricks on how to best use the Assassin. Great customer service. He got me really pumped up to load her up and smoke a bunch of meat tomorrow.

This smoker is really designed and built well. I can't wait to post some pictures of my first real cook on it.

I don't think that you can go wrong with your decision. I hope that the shipping cost aren't astronomical.

I called and talked to Jeff this morning regarding a bunch of little questions and tips and tricks on how to best use the Assassin. Great customer service. He got me really pumped up to load her up and smoke a bunch of meat tomorrow.

This smoker is really designed and built well. I can't wait to post some pictures of my first real cook on it.

Just a thought...ship it to a Trucking center/warehouse in Bismarck, ND or Glendive, MO and go pick it up with a truck or trailer??

Wow when I first opened this thread I though, how cool is that? he has a smoker that looks just like a UPS truck. Of course I scrolled down and realized I was wrong, nice looking tool ya got there. :biggrin1:
Dave

Back