• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Looking for a Jalapeno Cornbread recipe

DaveMW

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
As the title states, I am looking for a Jalapeno Cornbread recipe. I know I could wing it but thought a tried and true winner might be out there already. What is your favorite jalapeno cornbread recipe? Thanks!

I use the recipe found in about.com for mexican corn bread but I don't like cream corn and substitute whole kernal corn. The small can is only about 6oz and some time I don't use all of that I add till it looks right to me. Also I leave out the cheese untill the cornbread is light brown then lightly sprinkle some cheese mix. Finally, I use only a dedicated Iron skillet. To this I add a tablespoon of bacon grease and place it in the oven while the oven come to temp. 350* then follow the rest of the directions. Use the toothpick test for doneness.

I use the recipe found in about.com for mexican corn bread but I don't like cream corn and substitute whole kernal corn. The small can is only about 6oz and some time I don't use all of that I add till it looks right to me. Also I leave out the cheese untill the cornbread is light brown then lightly sprinkle some cheese mix. Finally, I use only a dedicated Iron skillet. To this I add a tablespoon of bacon grease and place it in the oven while the oven come to temp. 350* then follow the rest of the directions. Use the toothpick test for doneness.

Same here. I can make a meal out of this.

Have you tried Guerry's recipe?

Two cups cornmeal.
One chopped jalapeno.
Twenty Five pounds of sugar.
Enough eggs to make it "goopy".

+1 on the Mexican cornbread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back