• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cajun "Oil Less" Fryed Turkey.

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Wednesday night Family and Friends over for our annual turkey injection ceremony.

Used one jar or this:

vsdvfl.jpg

BNL got the honors this year:

w7k9xz.jpg

smxaj9.jpg

Used SM Pecan Rub on the bird this year:

6za2s4.jpg

Into the Fridge overnight and into the Big Easy Thanksgiving Morning. At about 2 hours:

Out and resting at 3 hours - 14lb bird:

169g5ev.jpg

2rfshhd.jpg

Did not have time for plated pics but the best we've had.Carved remaining today. :

307qkg3.jpg

Hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving!

Thanks for Lookin'

i got one of those last christmas, but haven't used it yet. really wanting to after seeing that bird.

Looks really good. I saw one of those "oil less" fryers at Academy, can you please explain how the heck do you "fry" without the oil? Is it more of a roasted turkey? Just curious.

Looks really good. I saw one of those "oil less" fryers at Academy, can you please explain how the heck do you "fry" without the oil? Is it more of a roasted turkey? Just curious.

Like This:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWCmhrQapXI"]The Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Turkey Fryer - YouTube[/ame]

It works Great for Birds.

But does it taste like its been deep fried? I been looking to get one but not sure yet?

Brother, You asked and I'm telling. Yes it does.

I've Cajun fried hundreds of turkeys over the years and have gone through hundreds of gallons of peanut oil in the process. Here's some first hand facts.

1. It only takes about 45 mins to deep fry a 14lb bird @ 350*F in clean oil.
2. It takes about 30 min's to get peanut oil up to temp depending on the BTU rating of the burner used.
3. Then you have cool down of oil and cleanup. Add 2.5 to 3 hours.
4. Peanut oil is expensive! Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I have spent over $100. I'm not going to fry a bird in dirty oil to save money.

On the other hand (Oil less)

1. I spent (can't remember exactly) between $75 and $99 on my rig. It paid for itself the first holiday season I used it in peanut oil savings.
2. Super easy clean up.
3. I would put my oil less bird up against any bird I've ever deep fried.

Just an observation from many years of doing them.

Thanks for asking! :grin:

Last edited:
Back